King of Fighters XIII coming to Steam

Brawlers and Beatemups
TSTR
Next-Gen

Re: King of Fighters XIII coming to Steam

Post by TSTR »

The Steam version also includes EX Kyo, EX Iori, and Mr. Karate with the base price instead of DLC (Billy and Saiki are still unlockables). With that and the supposedly much-improved netcode, this looks to be the version to have going forward.

Too bad I suck at KOF. :?
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

So who has it?
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

fastbilly1 wrote:So who has it?

seeing as how I already have it on PS3, I'll be waiting for a significant sale before getting it on Steam.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

fastbilly1 wrote:So who has it?

Steam: the7k

Got in during the beta period. Make sure your PC is relatively high end - a lot of the lag I've felt from playing others have come from people running old or substandard rigs. I've played people on the other side of the country that felt smooth as butter simply because we were both rocking i-series processors.
marurun

Post by marurun »

That kinda sounds like bad programming. There's nothing about that game that should require the latest hardware.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

marurun wrote:That kinda sounds like bad programming. There's nothing about that game that should require the latest hardware.

From what I hear, Skullgirls requires a decent PC too, but I dunno.

Most of the people with bad connections have really bad rigs, though - if they even know what kind of specs they have.

Could be bad programming, but all that really matters is that it is playable. I'd be willing to go through a lot of rings just to be able to play this game online, seeing as my scene has completely abandoned the game in favor of Sleep Fighter 4 and Injustiff.