King of Fighters XIII coming to Steam

Brawlers and Beatemups
noiseredux
Next-Gen

King of Fighters XIII coming to Steam

Post by noiseredux »

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/30133/

Translation: One of the best fighting games this generation is now available on another platform, and more widely available for those that missed it on consoles!

Package Details
Title: The King Of Fighters XIII
Genre: Action
Developer: SNK Playmore
Publisher: SNK Playmore
Release Date: Sep 13, 2013
Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
Full audio support may not be present for all languages. View the individual games for more details.

Single-player

Multi-player

Steam Achievements

Steam Leaderboards

Steam Cloud

Full controller support
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: King of Fighters XIII coming to Steam

Post by fastbilly1 »

Even though I suck at KOF, Ill be buying it.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

noiseredux wrote:Translation: One of the best fighting games this generation is now available on another platform, and more widely available for those that missed it on consoles!

More like "the arcade version runs on Windows anyway, so, free money!". :lol:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

isiolia wrote:
noiseredux wrote:Translation: One of the best fighting games this generation is now available on another platform, and more widely available for those that missed it on consoles!

what, what? I had no idea!

Anyway:

"THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII Steam Edition" now features vastly improved netcode that will provide you with the most comfortable online experience yet! The new netcode features improved communication speeds between you and your opponent, and also tailors your online experience according to your PC environment!
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Not only one of the best fighting games of this generation, but in my (probably worthless) opinion one of the best KoF games ever.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Gunstar Green wrote:Not only one of the best fighting games of this generation, but in my (probably worthless) opinion one of the best KoF games ever.

I've not played every single game in the series, but have played most. I'd say that XIII is my go-to at this point. The roster is huge and awesome, the sprites and backgrounds are gorgeous, and of course online play! I'd much much rather be playing a fighting game online (especially with friends) than just playing through Arcade Mode vs. a CPU.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

noiseredux wrote:
isiolia wrote:

what, what? I had no idea!

It's a Taito Type X2 based game, which is basically just a lowish end Core2 running XP (well, embedded XP). Quite a lot of other 2D fighters are as well.

Before the console release I'd found the arcade version linked and ran it on 7 x64 just fine. Blazblue was not as simple :lol: But, haven't messed with it since I got the PS3 version.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

I'm buying it and so grateful.
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

For me, it'd be '98, 2002, and Xlll in no particular order.

'95 will always hold a place due to nostalgia since that's where I started with KoF.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

foxhound1022 wrote:For me, it'd be '98, 2002, and Xlll in no particular order.

'95 will always hold a place due to nostalgia since that's where I started with KoF.

My 3 top KoF would exactly wile yours ;)

Although 95 would be replaced with 97 because I love that entry so much.

isiolia wrote:More like "the arcade version runs on Windows anyway, so, free money!". :lol:

That maybe so, but this steam version of KoF Xlll is based almost entirely off of the 360 port as oppose to the Taito Type X version. I say almost due to the Arcade exclusive "Climax" update balance changes being integrated into the games code.