MORE STREET FIGHTER IV

Brawlers and Beatemups
brunoafh
Next-Gen

MORE STREET FIGHTER IV

Post by brunoafh »

I posted this pic earlier figuring it was fake, but nope. There is yet another SF IV revision on the way, the news straight from Capcom's EVO Panel.

http://shoryuken.com/2013/07/13/rolento ... en-before/

Rolento, Elena, Hugo, Poison Heading to Street Fighter IV in Next Update; Unannounced Fifth Character Never Seen in Street Fighter Before

These five new characters, as well as six new stages and a whole host of balance changes, will be heading to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC at a price of $15. Release date details will be announced early next year. (Correction: This update will be released in the early part of 2014.)
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: MORE STREET FIGHTER IV

Post by dsheinem »

guess that 25th Anniv edition wasn't so complete after all.
Dylan
Next-Gen

Post by Dylan »

Unannounced Fifth Character

HAGGAR

Pretty interesting to see SFIV go all the way into a 5th year. It's a little cheesy that most of these are imported from SFxT, but I'm sure they'll be different enough from those incarnations. Hoping to see Capcom give forsaken characters some love in the tweaks (Dudley please).
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

looks like we won't see SFV for a while. part 2 was the many revisions in the 16-bit era, and it seems like part 4 in this era.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

If Haggar is gonna end up being the 5th unannounced character, then that's gonna be a MAJOR dissapointment to me. A chunk of these recycled characters being used from SFxT are Final Fight Series characters, no more please. I would much prefer the slot to be filled by a III series character (Alex, Q) or even someone from SF1 (Retsu, Geki).

sevin0seven wrote:looks like we won't see SFV for a while. part 2 was the many revisions in the 16-bit era, and it seems like part 4 in this era.

Actually SF 2 series went far beyond the 16 bit era, going into the 128 bit era with the Hyper SF2 update for consoles and Coin Op, and even this current gen with HD Remix which was more than simple HD facelift.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

CD AGES wrote:If Haggar is gonna end up being the 5th unannounced character, then that's gonna be a MAJOR dissapointment to me. A chunk of these recycled characters being used from SFxT are Final Fight Series characters, no more please. I would much prefer the slot to be filled by a III series character (Alex, Q) or even someone from SF1 (Retsu, Geki).

The article says it's going to be a character "never before seen in SF"、whatever that could mean. There's going to be a trailer tomorrow so maybe we'll see then.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

I am down with it. I am a firm believer of the substantial boosts in the game with new stages, modes of play (online training mode pleeeeeeaaaassssseeee), stages and characters for a set price to upgrade instead of releasing a full new game every year and charging full price.

SF IV is still popular in the fighting game community. I do not think it is the right time to start pumping out tons and tons of new iterations of currently popular franchises.

As for the 5th new character, I am sure it is a brand new concept character like Rufus or Hakkan. We will see. I'm happy Rolento is in it, I loved him in Alpha 2.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

The article says it's going to be a character "never before seen in SF"、whatever that could mean.

I'm certain it means it's going to be a character within the Capcom's stable of franchised characters that hasn't been in SF game before (Hagger, Asura, etc.)

Well... It's been announced that the 6 "New" stages are from Street Fighter X Tekken :oops:
Well that sorta sucks...
I'm all for a nice balance update, but i don't know if I want to spend an additional (I say additional because I already dropped $15 for the AE Version to my SSF4 retail game) $15 for Hyper SF4: SFxT Cut and Paste Edition... :?

If the 5th character ends up being FAT Mega Man or some Tekken guest character... WOW!

:lol:
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I will be getting this for sure.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

noiseredux wrote:I will be getting this for sure.

yep. SFIV has been my fav fighter of the last 5 years and hasn't really been a close second. More characters, same engine, i'm in.