Persona 4 Arena

Brawlers and Beatemups
Violent By Design
Next-Gen

Re: Persona 4 Arena

Post by Violent By Design »

Snatch1414 wrote:I'm really enjoying this game so far, but I have an odd problem:

I can't pull off literally ANY move that involves two quarter circles on the Dpad (the Shoryuken from SF). I'm on the PS3 playing this, but I have pulled off this move a billion times on the PS1 in games like SF and Guilty Gear. For the life of me I cannot do it on the PS3 controller, even in training! This is the only thing preventing me from really getting engrossed into this game. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

To put it bluntly, a shoryuken is not 2 QCFs, which is the most blatant reason why you are having problems.
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

A shoryuken is forward, down, down-forward. You can pull that off easily on the PlayStation's segmented dpad.
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Post by Snatch1414 »

Valkyrie-Favor wrote:A shoryuken is forward, down, down-forward. You can pull that off easily on the PlayStation's segmented dpad.

In my defense the game does specify two quarter circles in succession, but I know what you mean. To others that have posted, I do indeed pull off moves on command in SC, MvsC, etc. This is the only game I've had this problem. Just tried it again and it's just not accepting it the way I do it. I tried the quoted way above and for some reason the segmented Dpad prevents me from getting to the down-forward. Oh well, I'll keep trying since it's a really good game.
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

hmm...maybe try something like this?
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
TheRev
128-bit

Post by TheRev »

Logitec D-pads suck
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

It's better than Sony D-pads, which are good enough for me.