NEW Guilty Gear Xrd

Brawlers and Beatemups
cha cha
128-bit

Re: NEW Guilty Gear Xrd

Post by cha cha »

Anyone been playing this seriously/ semi-seriously and like it so far?

If so I have 3 questions:

1) What character(s) are you playing?
2) What system you have it on?
3) Do you wanna play online some time?

I play May/Leo/Faust, I love the game, I will be down to practice online lots on either system (the online is cross play, but is pretty iffy connection-wise right now). My ps4 id is: chacha2damax, my ps3 id is: akazukin_cha_cha

:P
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
SpoonyBard
128-bit

Post by SpoonyBard »

I've been playing pretty regular online and offline. I prefer AC+, but Xrd is definitely a solid game. I play Faust exclusively, but that will change when they finally get around to adding Baiken to the cast.

I've been on ranked for about an hour or two every night for the past two weeks. But it's really only boiled down to around 50-60 matches. I have to say that I absolutely hate the online matchmaking system. It's really easy to sit for 5-10 minutes just searching for another match (And on several occasions i've had to sit upwards of 20-30 minutes before I could finally connect to someone). 1-2 hours of playtime doesn't really leave me feeling like i've accomplished much.

Next time I see you on PSN i'll send you an invite Cha, i'm down to play anytime.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

Awesome man, Faust is so flippin good in this game. I'll be hitting you up if I see you on (and am not playing ppl offline, which is a common thing so dont be offended if i don't answer, it's probably a large group playing on my system). :wink:
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I'm hearing amazing things about this game.

What is everyone playing on? PS3 or PS4? I don't have a PS4 and don't plan on one for at least a year; so...are lobbies by chance cross compatible? If not, who else has PS3 version?
SpoonyBard
128-bit

Post by SpoonyBard »

I'm playing on PS3. Ranked matches are cross compatible, and I believe that the lobbies are also.

I believe the only real difference between the PS3 and PS4 versions are some slightly improved load times and 1080p instead of 720p. Definitely enjoyable either way you get it.
C-Sword
16-bit

Post by C-Sword »

Combos for various characters. I play a lot of fighters and I find this game to be fun, but quite hard to learn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4VjN_w_k2I
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

mjmjr25 wrote:are lobbies by chance cross compatible? If not, who else has PS3 version?

They are
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

SpoonyBard wrote:I prefer AC+, but Xrd is definitely a solid game.

My thoughts as well. But AC+ is some pretty tough competition so Xrd is still one of the best fighters in awhile. As expected they did an incredible job with the much needed revamp and it will probably wind up surpassing AC+ as they re-implement the roster and fine tune things. I'm hopeful anyway.

I have to say I'm not blown away with Ishiwatari's OST for once though. Maybe he's just getting burnt out, but in BlazBlue he was top notch every game so it feels weird to get these underwhelming themes for the glorious return of Guilty Gear. I've been giving them time to grow on me and with a few exceptions, they just aren't.

Anyone still playing? I just got the game last month and have been trying to invest some more time into it lately. Would be down to play some matches. My PSN ID is brunoafh.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

i will add you bruno, I still play periodically, and the online patch is coming soon to improve connections and lobby system.

I like Xrd a lot. AC+r had it's time, I am okay with letting it go.

my ps3 is akazukin_cha_cha, my ps4 is chacha2damax

OldSchool_Boy
Next-Gen

Post by OldSchool_Boy »

final fight cd wrote:moral of story: when in a shady part of town, don't ask random thugs where the sega is at.