So I played Wrath of The Black Manta..

Brawlers and Beatemups
TheSegaSaturnGuy
64-bit

So I played Wrath of The Black Manta..

Post by TheSegaSaturnGuy »

and I love it! This is a complete hidden gem on the NES in my opinion. Given that the story is really cheesy and you can only choose between one method of attack I still had so much fun. I picked the game up at my local game store for 99 cents which told me it either sucked, or it was just really common so I just bought it on a whim and I am so glad I did. Has anyone else played it and liked it? or hated it?
I am buying all Saturn games, PM me with your offerings and I will let you know if I need the game or not! (Everything must be CIB)

Currently trying to knock off all the sports games, would like to get them <$5 each! Of course if you would like to donate them I will gladly pay the shipping! :)
Boyward
16-bit

Re: So I played Wrath of The Black Manta..

Post by Boyward »

10 years ago a friend gave me a box of NES games and Wrath of the Black Manta was one of them. She even had the original box and manual, but I never played the game because I looked at the box and assumed it was a bad game.

The box I had was pink, not red, so that sunk my opinion even further. I sold it or gave it away to somebody else, but now that you posted this thread I wish I'd given it a fair shake. Lesson learned: Never judge a game by its cover.
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

It's an okay game, but it always felt a bit clunky to me. Almost like Rolling Thunder with larger sprites and not as tight controls.

I still remember the day I purchased Batman for the nes. I was at a Wal-Mart and a young kid (maybe 7 or 8 years of age) was shouting at his Mother "Mama! Look that game next to Batman! It says Black-Man! I want to play Black-Man! Ain't no Black-Man in video games, but this game is called Black-Man! Mama! Mama! Can I get Black-Man?" .
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

Wrath of the Black Man is a bad mother... SHUTCHYO MOUTH!
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Luke
Next-Gen

Post by Luke »

J T wrote:Wrath of the Black Man is a bad mother... SHUTCHYO MOUTH!

Wha? I was just talking about Black Man.
TheRev
128-bit

Post by TheRev »

As is always the case it was a different game in Japan. Different story and bosses as well as name.