Street Fighter 3 Third Strike Coming to Gametap

Brawlers and Beatemups
RyanDG
8-bit

Post by RyanDG »

GagaMan wrote:But the Anniversary Collection was an X-Box exclusive in PAL land. The PS2 just got a seperate version of Hyper II.

My apologies then. I knew the Xbox received the AC games, I had assumed the PS2 received it as well.

I can't believe Capcom never gave the PAL region a version of 3rd Strike on the PS2.

That's crazy.
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

yeh I thought it never came out here :(

yeh the Alpha Collection which I have came out on PS2, but not the one with SF III :(

Even though I have this on my DC, I will undoubtedly buy it from gametap, if only cos Im intrigued to see how fast it will run etc.

and I can get lots of nice screenies too :p

do ye reckon this might be the start of more DC games being released on gametap (as they probably have to get an emu running) - or do you reckon the emu will be purely optimised for 2D?

Id love to play Ikaruga on my PC (for the screenies reason again :p )
RyanDG
8-bit

Post by RyanDG »

baphomet_irl wrote:Even though I have this on my DC, I will undoubtedly buy it from gametap, if only cos Im intrigued to see how fast it will run etc.

The good thing is that Gametap isn't a "purchase a single game service" - you actually pay a subscription and get access to their full library of games for one flat rate per month. It's not bad. Some of the games are emulated really well (like the old NEO GEO games) and others (some of the PC titles) have a few issues.

do ye reckon this might be the start of more DC games being released on gametap (as they probably have to get an emu running) - or do you reckon the emu will be purely optimised for 2D?

Id love to play Ikaruga on my PC (for the screenies reason again :p )

They already have a few games emulated, including some 3D games. The full library can be found here:
http://www.gametap.com/home/play/browse/browseCatalog

As for the Dreamcast games, here are the one's currently available:
Mr. Driller
Crazy Taxi
Hydro Thunder
TH PS
Chu Chu Rocket
Toy Commander
Prince of Persia Arabian Nights
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

cool yeh ill deffo check that out

I was never able to get Toy Commander 'working' on my DC ;)
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

the list of fighters is very impressive - the perfect excuse to hook up My DC stick to my PC again :)
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

I perfectly happy with the Dreamcast version.
If you are skilled enough to notice a difference you probably already own the arcade cabinet :) (or at least are emulating it)
baphomet_irl
128-bit

Post by baphomet_irl »

racketboy wrote:I perfectly happy with the Dreamcast version.
If you are skilled enough to notice a difference you probably already own the arcade cabinet :) (or at least are emulating it)

well I am pretty happy with my 'version', although the sound being compressed makes that *&^%ing terrible 'third strike yáll' song sound even more sibilant and white noise/ish piercing... :s