Darkstalkers Resurrection

Brawlers and Beatemups
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Darkstalkers Resurrection

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Yeah I think Noise may be interested in this...

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/10/ ... lkers-game

'Darkstalkers 1' and '3' coming to XBLA and PSN as 'Darkstalkers Resurrection' bundle

Darkstalkers Resurrection will bring two of the franchise’s games to the Playstation Network and Xbox Live Arcade as a single, downloadable bundle early next year, Capcom just announced during a New York Comic Con 2012 panel.

The package includes 1994‘s Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors and Darkstalkers III, and is being produced by Capcom's Derek Neil.

Both games will include GGPO-technology to reduce online gameplay lag, HD filtering with multiple viewing options, replay sharing, spectator mode, in-game achievements, challenge/tutorial mode and an unlockable vault filled concept art, videos and more.

The online matchmaking will follow in the footsteps of Street Fighter III: Third Strike Online Edition and Marvel vs. Capcom Origins, which include upgraded matchmaking with additional options such as region matching, ping lock and ping display. The title will also feature YouTube replay uploading.

This reveal comes after years of Capcom's Yoshinori Ono dropping hints about revisiting the 90s gothic horror fighter franchise. Whether fans of the series will be satiated by this re-release remains to be seen.

Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Re: Darkstalkers Resurrection

Post by Erik_Twice »

Damn, I almost had a heart attack thinking it was a new game. But an online-play release? That's great!

Really, I'm not much into fighting games but Darkstalkers is just amazing, I had no problems to pick it up and have fun with it, totally awesome.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Yeah, that's nice and all but... WHERE THE FUCK IS NIGHT WARRORIS (VAMPIRE HUNTER)!!!!????
Betamax001
Next-Gen

Post by Betamax001 »

Aren't both on PSN as PS1 classics? Glad I didn't buy them then.

Maybe they will put X Men Vs Street Fighter and Night Warriors together next as a sort of midquel madness bundle!
NES, SNES, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GCN, Wii, PS3, 360, GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, PSP 3000, and 3DS XL

PSN ID: SaturnXMKII
Steam ID: betamax001
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Doutful considering capcom has stated that the X-men liscence is completely off hands according to Marvel. They can cherry pick certain Xmen cast member like they have been like Wolvie Storm etc. But the Xmen brand as a whole is off limits :?
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

General_Norris wrote:Damn, I almost had a heart attack thinking it was a new game.

This. I've avoided picking up netcode enabled rereleases of games I already own so far (except for SSF2THDR, but that was a full rebalance as well), but I might have to snag this just to say to Capcom "give us Darkstalkers 4".
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

Was only a matter of time given Capcom's recent treatment of their old school arcade games on PSN/XBL. Thumbs up though.

How bout some fucking Cyberbots love already.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I might get this just to show support for this particular Capcom property. I've always loved the characters in Darkstalkers, especially her

RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Yeah, that's nice and all but... WHERE THE FUCK IS NIGHT WARRORIS (VAMPIRE HUNTER)!!!!????z

I take it back :mrgreen:

Update on the announcement indicates Vampire Hunter (Night Warriors) is indeed being released. It appears the original Darkstalkers won't be part of the package. Goodtimes :D