Street Fighter 4 Trailer Analysis

Brawlers and Beatemups
Daniel Primed
64-bit

Street Fighter 4 Trailer Analysis

Post by Daniel Primed »

It took a while for someone to do this, Gametrailers took a look at the video and suggested a few hints. Although its not much more than what was suggested on the main site back in this post. But anyways, its interesting:

Video
InfectedZero
8-bit

Post by InfectedZero »

Yeah I saw it yesterday, also see the whole interview of that capcom guy. Interesting. Im so giddy for this game I cannot wait.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Hmmm, SF in 3-d? No matter how awesome this game turns out, it just won't quite be the same. I hope they make it feel different. So many of today's 3-d fighters are similar. Will we still have quarter circle motions, flashy, over the top moves, will it still have that anime look? Will it still be Street Fighter?

I'll keep my fingers crossed.
gradualmeltdown
128-bit

Post by gradualmeltdown »

3-D or 2-D make it revolutionary. If this is nothing but SF3:TS with HD sprites and slightly updated gameplay it would be almost as lame to me as an average 3D fighter. Not to say I'm not all for old school 2D games in HD or current 3D fighters. When we talk about Street Fighter 4 I expect fundamental changes to the genre. I want to see a game that makes me go "they did what?" and in a good way.

I'm getting tired of games being really good but only progressing on the same themes and idea's. They are enjoyable and this generation many genre's are being very well executed. I for one am loving the current generation. I only wish it weren't because they are extremely polished idea's from 5-10 years ago.

Nights Journey into Dreams is a perfect example. Could be really cool, but so far it looks like the same game on new hardware. Will I play and enjoy it, probably. Will it be the new version of Nights I wanted....nope. I loved the original because I had NO idea WTF was going on. It was new and exciting even if far from perfect.
I like old games
I like new games
I like games
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

Wow, what a pointless video. :?