Tekken Tag 2 or DOA5???

Brawlers and Beatemups
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Tekken Tag 2 or DOA5???

Post by CD AGES »

Considering both games have very close release date, which one will you drop your hard earned cash for???

This is perhaps the most excited I've ever been for a DOA game with the graphics, gameplay systems and inclusion of the Virtua Fighter characters making the jump. But on the other hand I just love the Tekken series and is release looks to be the Biggest most Greatest Tekken ever! I can only get one. I'd just like to know what others here have chosen and why?
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Re: Tekken Tag 2 or DOA5???

Post by CFFJR »

DOA5, its not even a question.

I like Tekken, but I'm a big fan of DOA and I'm very excited for the new one. VF characters are pure gravy.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

Were I to buy either of them at release, DOA5, because I've never been able to get into Tekken. While I'm not exactly partial to 3D fighters in general, the DOA series is at least one I've had fun with in the past.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

DOA5 by a long shot. But I am likely to get both. ;)
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
Runefaust
64-bit

Post by Runefaust »

Both, but unlike TTT2, DOA still has to prove it can be taken seriously on the tournament and competitive scene.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

If you want more competition, then definitely Tekken
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

i'm not a big fan of both, but if i were to choose one it would probably be Tekken. i'm not saying it's better than DOA but i would start with that one first.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

DOA 5 since I've gotten bored with the Tekken franchise lately
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
skyknight
128-bit

Post by skyknight »

hard to say, given that there are many fighting games to choose from, and then there is DLC! :x

The fighting mechanics has to be solid - my bro and I were disappointed in SF X Tekken, and shockingly he would rather play UMvC 3 over that (he never loved MvC2, but the Avengers may have change his mind).

I but I wonder if NamcoBandai are keeping true to their words on DLC, especially with "early access" to some characters - I could care less about Snoop Dogg and swimsuits.
C-Sword
16-bit

Post by C-Sword »

I've played games of both series, but I've never invested that much time into them, I'm more into 2D fighters, but If I really have to pick one, I'd go with DOA5, I think that game is going to surprise a lot of people and I also like rooting for the underdog.