Marvel vs Capcom Origins Discussion Thread

Brawlers and Beatemups
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Marvel vs Capcom Origins Discussion Thread

Post by brunoafh »

Marvel vs Capcom Origins" combines the original Marvel vs Capcom with Marvel Super Heroes, slaps a $15 price tag on it, and makes it all digital this September. Capcom announced the project this morning just ahead of upcoming fighting tournament EVO 2012 (which laces up this weekend), as well as releasing the appropriately cheezy trailer seen above.

Like Street Fighter 3: Third Strike before it, "MvCO" includes various updates: "graphics filters, dynamic challenges, and online play with spectator modes and replay saving," according to Capcom. Of course, for the hardest core of fans, none of this talk matters comparatively with actually playing the game. Thankfully, plenty of those folks are attending EVO, where the game will make its first playable appearance.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/05/marve ... september/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM8Ga--d ... tu.be&hd=1
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Marvel vs Capcom Origins Announced

Post by noiseredux »

amazing. Can't wait!
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

I absolutely love the original Marvel vs. Capcom. Played it a lot on the arcade.

I always found it much better than MvC2, primarily because it's better balanced. Also, I liked the craziness of having the combination of Ryu/Ken/Akuma. It was so fitting.

Also, I kind of like better two rather than three characters to manage. I like having a separate assist.

But why aren't they adding X-men vs. Street Fighter? I certainly know more people that liked it over MSHvsSF.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

jfrost wrote:But why aren't they adding X-men vs. Street Fighter? I certainly know more people that liked it over MSHvsSF.

Same question could be asked about X-Men: COTA.

I guess capcom doesn't want to bother with all the extra playtesting and stuff they'd have to do on the port.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

AppleQueso wrote:
jfrost wrote:But why aren't they adding X-men vs. Street Fighter? I certainly know more people that liked it over MSHvsSF.

I guess capcom doesn't want to bother with all the extra playtesting and stuff they'd have to do on the port.

They at least have the excuse that X-men: COTA and the original Marvel Super Heroes aren't crossover games.

But X-men vs. Street Fighter much more directly influenced the first MvC. I recall Seth Killian saying so himself once. MSHvsSF is the redheaded stepchild of the bunch.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

jfrost wrote:
AppleQueso wrote:

They at least have the excuse that X-men: COTA and the original Marvel Super Heroes aren't crossover games.

But X-men vs. Street Fighter much more directly influenced the first MvC. I recall Seth Killian saying so himself once. MSHvsSF is the redheaded stepchild of the bunch.

But this DOES have Marvel Super Heroes. It's two games. MSH and MvC.
jfrost
Next-Gen

Post by jfrost »

Oh, I thought it was MSHvsSF. Duh! Well, it makes a little more sense now.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I'd guess X-Men vs. Street Fighter was left off because they'd rather go for a broader roster. Plus, every single character in that game has an infinite combo.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

MrPopo wrote:I'd guess X-Men vs. Street Fighter was left off because they'd rather go for a broader roster. Plus, every single character in that game has an infinite combo.

but that's why its FUN
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

AppleQueso wrote:
MrPopo wrote:I'd guess X-Men vs. Street Fighter was left off because they'd rather go for a broader roster. Plus, every single character in that game has an infinite combo.

but that's why its FUN

Fun for the comboer, not the comboee. I don't think there was any escape mechanism either, like how BB lets you burst out of a combo.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.