Ultra Super Street Fighter 4 - Online Meet-Up (PS3, 360)

Brawlers and Beatemups
TSTR
Next-Gen

Re: Super Street Fighter 4 (AE) Online Meet-Up (PS3, 360)

Post by TSTR »

Yun = divekick crossups
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Post by Forlorn Drifter »

Just got it on 360... and sucking very hard. Haven't found a character I work well with yet, although I'm decent with Ryu, but don't like him much. I also have absolute hell pulling off any kind of special or super or ultra. Any move that requires the stick, essentially. I can pull of certain specials, like with Zangrief, but I've only pulled of the super twice, and it missed both times.
ninjainspandex wrote:Maybe I'm just a pervert

PSN: Green-Whiskey
Owned Consoles: GameCube, N64, PS3, PS4, GBASP
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Zangief is all about timing. I've been playing him since the original SF ll, and if you can time your grabs right, he's a beast.

Just remember that most people will try to wake-up attack you if you land a grab, and try to stay close. Try to block low, 'cause it will guard against 90% of stuff people will throw at you upon recovery. Block, and grab again.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Here's a question- how do you do any of the charge specials? I have yet to figure out how to do a single one, its befuddling. I've tried and tried and tried, and no matter what I just walk back and forth.

TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Forlorn Drifter wrote:Here's a question- how do you do any of the charge specials? I have yet to figure out how to do a single one, its befuddling. I've tried and tried and tried, and no matter what I just walk back and forth.

Not that I have godlike execution or anything, but when are you hitting the button to execute the move? Usually a normal comes out instead if you're having execution problems with a special move.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

Re: Ultra Super Street Fighter 4 - Online Meet-Up (PS3, 360)

I've tried hitting it on, during, and mashing like crazy and hoping. Can't hit 'em for shit.

I'm also doing horrible getting zoned or continually beat as Zangrief now. I might have to give up on fighting games, using the stick in combos is absolutely mind boggling to me.

foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Well, I can't use sticks, either.

Charge moves are kinda tricky to get down at first. They are advantageous in the sense that you can counter-attack quickly from blocks if timed correctly, but are more difficult to pressure opponents and push your advantage.
Forlorn Drifter
Next-Gen

I tried with a fight pad too, that just made me worse.

I don't understand it all, really. There was some other fighters I was interested in, but if randomly wiggling the stick and mashing buttons is all I can look forward too, I might just have to give up.

foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Have you tried any of the Tekkens, SC's, or DoA's?
TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Perhaps you're not holding the charge long enough. Literally walk back and watch the clock for like 2 counts, then move the stick to forward and hit the button, just to get the feel down. If you get a normal, you either hit the button before the stick got to forward or didn't charge long enough.

Try the trials, they're pretty helpful for stuff like this. You can also look up VesperArcade's trial videos on YouTube--he uses a camera pointed at his hands to show what's going on.

What stick are you using, btw?

Don't give up! Fighters are some of the most rewarding games in the world once you get into them.