Do you still play Fighters with friends?

Brawlers and Beatemups
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Re: Do you still play Fighters with friends?

Post by sevin0seven »

noiseredux wrote:
mjmjr25 wrote:I really enjoy my matches w/Sev and Noise.

samesies. I think just having the handful of dudes here who are around to play fighting games with me has changed my view on one of my favorite genres completely. Prior to last year, I still loved fighting games, but played through them alone. That was the experience I was used to. Now, I'm all about the online component of them. And because I'm playing against real people -- ones who improve with practice -- it never gets old. Hell, SF4 was the very first PS3 game I bought, and I still pop it in regularly.

The only game I've realy ventured online against strangers with has been SFxT. Not sure why, but I just love that game so much I've really wanted to see myself improve.

i haven't touch or played SFxT in a while (or since the last time Mike and i played). you probably dominate over me now eh? mr good looking cave t-shirt bro. :P
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

I liked SFxT, but i'm still partial to SFIII Third Strike and particulalry SSFIV - that game just feels in my wheelhouse.

Not to go too far off-topic, but can anyone confirm the skullgirls online play has improved? It was horrible the 3x I tried it...i'd like to play some of you guys in that one, but not at a snail's pace.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

mjmjr25 wrote:I liked SFxT, but i'm still partial to SFIII Third Strike and particulalry SSFIV - that game just feels in my wheelhouse.

likewise, SFIII-TS, SSF4 and SFIIHD is the norm for me (PSN wise). i can always play those and never get tired of it. but i do like SFxT.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

@sev: haha I don't know if I dominate. I'm nothing amazing, but I've learned to at least feel comfortable using a fair share of the Capcom side of the roster at this point. And it's actually made me better at SF4 as well (I think). Those are probably my two favorite fighting games this gen in all honesty.

@Mike: don't know about Skulls... was kind of a letdown. I was looking so forwrd to that game, and the single player was fun. But the online was so so so laggy it just crushed me. Haven't checked it in a while, though.

I know I love SFxT more than you guys -- I thikn it's the roster. I love SF3, but the roster doesn't do it for me as much. Whereas I feel like SFxT nails the "here's a weird roster" thing, but gives you enough familiars to work with AND it plays so similarly to SF4's engine.

Are either of you interested in checking out Vanguard Princess with me? It's a doujin PC figthing game ($free) that actually has online. The screen shots that JT posted were incredible. I mean it looks like BlazBlue quality sprite-work.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

noiseredux wrote:Are either of you interested in checking out Vanguard Princess with me? It's a doujin PC figthing game ($free) that actually has online. The screen shots that JT posted were incredible. I mean it looks like BlazBlue quality sprite-work.

Never heard of it, but I am interested. You may be interested in Ougon Musoukyoku, the Umineko fighter. It's.. alright, and it does have online play.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Everybody in my area is... far beneath my skill level. It's a real shame. No competition without driving at least two hours away.

However, when I make such a drive, I get blown up by the competition.

It sucks pretty damn bad.
Dakinggamer87
Next-Gen

Post by Dakinggamer87 »

I do sometimes but rarely :lol:
Odyssey,Vectrex,Atari 2600,5200,7800,Intellivision,Colecovision,NES,Master System,SNES,Genesis,32X,CD,CDX,Virtual Boy,TG-16,Neo-Geo AES,Jaguar+CD,PSX,PSOne,Saturn,3DO,N64,DC,PS2,Xbox,GCN,Wii,Xbox 360,PS3,GB,GB Pocket,GBC,Lynx,Game Gear,Nomad,NGPC,GBA,GBA SP,GB Micro,DS,PSP,PSP Slim,WS,WS Color,3DS,Vita,PC,iPhone,WiiU
A/V:55" Samsung 3D LED TV, Onkyo 7.1 TX-SR605 HTS
My gaming collection
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

No, I usually end up just playing the CPU. Anytime I do get to actually play a real person, they're terrible. I'm no hardcore tournament guy, but I think I can hold my own against most competitors. I really gotta get a PS3. I would love to play some SSFlV online; right now I only have a 360.
Sonicx360
24-bit

Post by Sonicx360 »

Not really. Most of my friends, especially at my school, are pretty much button mashers, even when they claim to be "good" at fighting games.

I pretty much play against my opponent in higher-level difficulty for a better challenge or even try not to get KO'ed once in a full arcade run.
R.I.P. Megaman/Rockman: December 1987-July 2011
R.I.P. Sonicx360 (YouTube): May 3, 2006-April 19, 2009
kiteJargon
16-bit

Post by kiteJargon »

mjmjr25 wrote:Not to go too far off-topic, but can anyone confirm the skullgirls online play has improved? It was horrible the 3x I tried it...i'd like to play some of you guys in that one, but not at a snail's pace.

The times I've played have been pretty good but I try to play against only west coast or at least people with sub-100 pings. I really like the fact that you can set the input delay each person you connect with.

Noise - I wouldn't mind getting into Vanguard Princess with you if we can get a decent internet connection to each other.
Generic signature------- ACTIVATE!