favorite controller for fighting games

Brawlers and Beatemups
C-Sword
16-bit

Re: favorite controller for fighting games

Post by C-Sword »

So I got this controller today, no converter needed, it was modded to work with both PC and PS3, no input lag and it does a way better job than the saturn controller as far as Mortal Kombat is concerned, I'd definitely recommend this if you have a PS3 and is tired of playing with the DualShock 3. It's time to kick it old-school!

EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

The Hori Fight Commander Pro 3 is amazing for a decent price, but I've had two break on me already.. It seems as though the D-Pad's design is a bit flawed with the 90% turn option on it...
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
C-Sword
16-bit

Post by C-Sword »

EvilRyu2099 wrote:The Hori Fight Commander Pro 3 is amazing for a decent price, but I've had two break on me already.. It seems as though the D-Pad's design is a bit flawed with the 90% turn option on it...

Despite the FC3 Pro having a lock, the d-pad seems to change position on its own at times. I'm getting my original Fighter Commander 3 modded to have the shoulder buttons remapped, L1 & L2 on the right side, I like that the d-pad is fixed on this version.

EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

Just if you're curious what stick I use.. It's the common..

I use this term loosely, because the only games I really played with it are Persona 4 arena and KOF 13..
flex wood
Next-Gen

Post by flex wood »

EvilRyu2099 wrote:The Hori Fight Commander Pro 3 is amazing for a decent price, but I've had two break on me already.. It seems as though the D-Pad's design is a bit flawed with the 90% turn option on it...

Hmm that's what I use. I'm glad I know not to screw with rotating the d pad.

I literally just dusted mine off too (I keep it in the packaging on my shelf)
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

flex wood wrote:

Hmm that's what I use. I'm glad I know not to screw with rotating the d pad.

I literally just dusted mine off too (I keep it in the packaging on my shelf)

The funny thing is I just bought my third one a few days ago.. I just love the feel and design too much.. Too bad some parts of it are built like garbage..
gohomeann

Post by gohomeann »

i had nuby's sf anniversary pad for the ps2 for a while. it played great but then bad luck struck on me, the dpad broke while i was playing sf ex2 plus. i'm just staying away from anything with a circular dpad.
Attachments
sf-ps2-controller-ryu.jpg
sf-ps2-controller-ryu.jpg (81.67 KiB) Viewed 2399 times
SaturnHST
24-bit

Post by SaturnHST »

I use these.

Saturn pad on Saturn/Dreamcast
Saturn PS2 pad on PS2 (can also use on PS3)
Saturn USB pad on PS3
RRR

Post by RRR »

The japanese Saturn controllers are my favorite.
rsn9910

Post by rsn9910 »

the7k wrote:I just got this recently:
http://eightarc.com/qanba-q4-black

Works for PS3, 360 and PC. It's pretty freaking amazing. Gotta handle too so it's easy to lug around.

Wow, that one looks cool and has original Sanwa parts for a change! The button positions look a bit close to the stick, otherwise amazing!

I prefer one of my own four arcade sticks. I modded myself some off the shelf arcade sticks with Sanwa and IL parts. Happ sticks are crappy these days, that's why I got IL. The Happ buttons are still OK.

- I put an IL stick and Happ convex buttons in a Nubytech SF anniversary stick.
- I modded a Hori Tekken 5 Tenth anniversary stick with Sanwa stick and buttons.
- I modded a cheapo Mayflash Arcade stick with Sanwa parts.
- And finally I also have a modded Pelican Real Arcade stick, modded with an IL stick and Happ concave buttons.

All of my modded sticks but the Nuby have playstation 1 controller boards and cables, so I can use them on all consoles and PC (with various adapters).

I only play fighting games very casually. Somehow I just from the gut-feeling prefer my modded Pelican, even though it is much less precise than the Sanwa sticks. But the concave buttons, the IL stick feeling, and the rough surface of the board remind me of how it felt to play games in the arcades when was a kid.