favorite controller for fighting games

Brawlers and Beatemups
WrathOskvro
64-bit

Re: favorite controller for fighting games

Post by WrathOskvro »

My apologies if this has already been said, but I find the Logitech Wireless controller for PS2 to have an extremely accurate dpad. Pretty much effortless for me to pull off moves with whatever character I want. Of course, it doesn't have 6 face buttons unfortunately. But it is a decent option to try if a good dpad is the main concern.

http://reviews.cnet.com/sc/30921401-2-4 ... view-1.gif This is the particular one I'm talking about.
Going through deleting inactive accounts of mine as a security precaution. No hard feelings, but admins, if it is possible to delete this account, please do so. Thanks in advance!
Sonicx360
24-bit

Post by Sonicx360 »

WrathOskvro wrote:I find the Logitech Wireless controller for PS2 to have an extremely accurate dpad. Pretty much effortless for me to pull off moves with whatever character I want.

I stated about this controller last year in this post.

As far as the D-pad is concerned, it's, IMO, the best of its kind for fighting games. Typically, my left thumb sores when I use the D-pad on the standard controller of any Playstation console, for they're not as round as the Logitech's one. However, as I got the Logitech wireless one, it solved my problem on playing fighting games that can't be played with an analog. Since the D-pad is round, it's no brainer to pull off perfect quarter-circles, Shoryuken motions, and a plethora of other movesets.
R.I.P. Megaman/Rockman: December 1987-July 2011
R.I.P. Sonicx360 (YouTube): May 3, 2006-April 19, 2009
Aramonde
128-bit

Post by Aramonde »

RISE FROM THE GRAVE THREAD!!!!

I love the Genesis 6-button controller and any PlayStation controllers for MK like games. But i just recently bought a stick for SF and KOF. Quarter circle motions are kind of tough to do on pad.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

TheRev wrote:
EvilRyu2099 wrote:What's a good controller for the Wii or Wii U?

There are Arcade sticks for the Wii and Wii U

You can get a bevy of controller adapters to either the Gamecube or the Wiimote. However the best stock stick for the console is the Tatsunoko vs Capcom stick. Some claim a modded Hori Fight Stick is better, but a modded TvC stick would be equal or greater.

There is a Wiiu stick, Madcatz Tekken, but Ive not found many reviews for it.

Edit:
So the Madcatz Tekken stick uses all Sanwa parts, and connects to the Wiimote. It looks like it could be the best Wii stick period. It is the same layout as the FightStick TE S
Mad_Hatter
128-bit

Post by Mad_Hatter »

I'm not a big Saturn fan like many people on this site, but it has grown on me these past couple of months since I got one, especially their model 2 pad.

but....

The official Genesis/Mega Drive 6-Button controller is my favorite. It fits in my hands perfectly. It's d-pad is so flexible so I can do special moves really easily. I still have mine from childhood and so broken in, I love it.

Then, I'd go with the Saturn.

SNES controller would be awesome if it had a Genesis d-pad.

PS2 controller blows for fighting games, especially the d-pad.

I don't mine the regular 360 controller for fighters. It's not great, but it's ok.

Genesis #1
Old Username: sp957

Systems: Genesis, Super Nintendo, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, and Windows PC
Handhelds: Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DSi, and New Nintendo 3DS

My Trade Thread
C-Sword
16-bit

Post by C-Sword »

I just got the Ascii Pad that was mentioned a few pages back, maybe because it's new, but I found the d-pad a bit stiff, I also don't like the bumpers, I just don't like the feeling I get when I press on them. It's still much better than those fightpads from Madcatz tho.
Mad_Hatter
128-bit

Post by Mad_Hatter »

Probably need to break it in. 6 button genesis controller, which I bought used back in 1996-8, is perfect. I bought another one recently off of eBay (looks newer) but feels stiff. One is made in Malaysia and another one in China, so that may have something to do with it.

Sent using Tapatalk
Old Username: sp957

Systems: Genesis, Super Nintendo, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, and Windows PC
Handhelds: Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DSi, and New Nintendo 3DS

My Trade Thread
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/games/ ... ion/107663

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/injus ... ion/107664

Injustice Battle Edition (Game + Noir-style joystick) for $40.

They won't let ya order more than one (sigh...) but this is a $150 value. Hop on that like it's hot.