Skullgirls (PSN/360) meetups thread

Brawlers and Beatemups
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: Skullgirls (PSN/360) meetups thread

Post by fastbilly1 »

So buy it on the Winter Steam Sale is what you are saying. Gotcha. I will stick with SFXT for now then.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

fastbilly1 wrote:So buy it on the Winter Steam Sale is what you are saying. Gotcha.

if you feel you MUST have it, yes. Buy it in the sale. I'm just saying, I had played a build of Skullgirls about a year before it was released. I was hyping that game up for a year. I was so excited I bought and gifted the game to a friend just to encourage others to play it. And about 2 weeks later, I was really disappointed with Skullgirls and never touched it again.

I will stick with SFXT for now then.

Which version do you have? (Is it on PC?)

I have it on PS3, and still love it hard.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

Yea. I like SFxT a lot. I was surprised. Heihachi is my main. Usually have Xiaoyu as my 2nd character but I'm not sure that's the team I want to go with.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

I bought Skullgirls on PSN a while back, I thought it was pretty fun. The roster is small, yes, but DLC characters are going to start rolling out soon, and each one is going to be free to everyone for the first few months that they're available.

Friggin' beautiful game too. It's worth checking out if for no other reason than to get a glimpse of exactly how good 2D can really look utilizing modern technology to its fullest.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

AppleQueso wrote:Friggin' beautiful game too. It's worth checking out if for no other reason than to get a glimpse of exactly how good 2D can really look utilizing modern technology to its fullest.

it is very pretty, yes. And I commend the character design.

Though I'd say King of Fighters XIII, BlazBlue and Persona 4 Arena are just as good examples of 2D on modern technology that I'd rather be playing. :wink:

Anyway, how's the online Apple? Like I said, when the game first came out (PSN version) it was laggy as hell. I mean, completely unplayable laggy.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

Was just about to say the same thing. KoFXIII, BB, and P4A are all just as good, if not better, graphically. And I prefer them all x1000 over Skull Girls.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

That crazy dynamic lighting and shading system they have on the "sprites" just blows my friggin' mind. The shading on the characters themselves actually reacts to nearby light sources, even from stuff like attacks and hitsparks and such. I don't recall Blazblue for example doing anything quite like that.

As for the online... I dunno, I never really played it online. I don't consider myself a particularly good fighting game player so I typically just stick to playing solo so I don't embarass myself. My attempts at playing SFIV online mostly resulted in just getting my ass kicked repeatedly
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

You hyping it was the main reason it was on my radar noise. Well that and RPS had an article about the PC port today.

As for SFXT, PC yes. It has the issue of being GFWL, but for local gameplay that does not matter. It is a mess of a lot of fun. Though my favorite fighter of recent years is still Tatsunoko Vs Capcom.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

AppleQueso wrote:As for the online... I dunno, I never really played it online. I don't consider myself a particularly good fighting game player so I typically just stick to playing solo so I don't embarass myself. My attempts at playing SFIV online mostly resulted in just getting my ass kicked repeatedly

see I buy all my current gen fighting games on PS3 just so I can play them online. I'm much happier playing against a human than a CPU. That said, for the most part I just play against friends, not strangers. The only fighting games I'm really ballsy enough with to play random matches online are SF4 and SFxT.

fastbilly1 wrote:Though my favorite fighter of recent years is still Tatsunoko Vs Capcom.

Really? I think it's good. But not so close to favorite. I'm not even sure I like it better than MvC3 to be honest. I'm not bashing it or anything, and I do think it's a lot of fun and very overlooked. I'm just always a little surprised when people say its their favorite of this gen (you're not the first person I've heard say that).
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

I definitely prefer the TvC cast over MvC3. Because I'll take Tatsunoko characters over Marvel any day. Plus Roll is actually pretty good!