Phantom Breaker coming to the US!

Brawlers and Beatemups
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Phantom Breaker coming to the US!

Post by CD AGES »

Another fighter joins the ranks in Xbox360 fighting game lineup! 360 exclusive.

http://www.giantbomb.com/phantom-breake ... /17-5489/#
Rurouni_Fencer
Next-Gen

Re: Phantom Breaker coming to the US!

Post by Rurouni_Fencer »

Looks like Arcana Hearts.. I saw this up on Kotaku earlier this afternoon, and naturally, the message boards were flooded with elitists complaining that it's no BlazBlue or KoFXIII..

I, for one, am happy to see a fighter that isn't all about rekkas, rush combos, and hyper-fast gameplay! That's my main gripe with the Versus series - it alienates us strategical and methodical players.. I want my fighting games to be technical, and this game looks pretty good so far!
B/S/T Thread *Updated 7/30/11*
Rurouni_Fencer »» 39 (as of 6/27/2018)
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

That.Looked.Amazing. Well, time to get a 360 arcade stick...
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

360 only though :(
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Yup! They also just unveiled the collectors edition! So it seems this badboy is on a Disc! :)
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

I own the Japanese release and like it very much. It's a very fun game. You won't be doing the usual semi-circle motions here, and that is a nice change. It is a bit simpler but not boring because of it. Especially once you get used to the mechanics and figure some things out.

Hoping this release will be region free so I play the story mode and understand it, haha.

I noticed someone mentioned an Arcana Heart comparison. It's not very much like Arcana Heart at all. The style is VERY different. The sprites are much higher res than AH3 as well. :D
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

Just played about 40 matches of Phantom Breaker tonight with a few friends. We're getting a little deeper into the mechanics, and the later matches ended up being about 90% special attacks, charge attacks, counters, and parrying.

The animation isn't the best, but I really do like the mechanics. I like that the button inputs are much simpler than most fighters. Very newcomer friendly, but certainly not easy to master.
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

ZenErik wrote:Just played about 40 matches of Phantom Breaker tonight with a few friends. We're getting a little deeper into the mechanics, and the later matches ended up being about 90% special attacks, charge attacks, counters, and parrying.

The animation isn't the best, but I really do like the mechanics. I like that the button inputs are much simpler than most fighters. Very newcomer friendly, but certainly not easy to master.

How are the button inputs like?
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

swiftzx wrote:
ZenErik wrote:Just played about 40 matches of Phantom Breaker tonight with a few friends. We're getting a little deeper into the mechanics, and the later matches ended up being about 90% special attacks, charge attacks, counters, and parrying.

How are the button inputs like?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/611856-p ... r/59487076

Simple but lots of fun.

There's A LOT of clashing. One match was pretty hilarious because we were both in the air and clashed (attacks hit at the same time for zero or very minimal damage) for 6 or 7 hits in a row, haha.

I'm going to try to unlock all the characters today.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

I'll get a premium Xbox Live account just to play this with fellow Racketeers if anyone else is in.