Brawlers and Beatemups
MrEco
Next-Gen

Re: BlazBlue series thread

by MrEco Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:38 pm

I have this aversion to paying money for non-physical things. so I never bought the DLC characters for CS. Also, you can't download the story modes for the new characters or the new Abyss/Mars modes. And I play the game mostly for the story (lol).

So basically, Extend is totally worth it I think.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
ZenErik
Next-Gen

by ZenErik Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:01 pm

MrEco wrote:I have this aversion to paying money for non-physical things. so I never bought the DLC characters for CS. Also, you can't download the story modes for the new characters or the new Abyss/Mars modes. And I play the game mostly for the story (lol).

So basically, Extend is totally worth it I think.

Even though I already bought the ridiculously expensive DLC characters, I still agree. Platinum the Trinity forever!
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:07 pm

you like buying multiple versions of the same game though Erik! :P
ZenErik
Next-Gen

by ZenErik Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:24 pm

noiseredux wrote:you like buying multiple versions of the same game though Erik! :P

You could never compete with Platinum. LOSER
brunoafh
Next-Gen

by brunoafh Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:25 pm

MrEco wrote:I have this aversion to paying money for non-physical things. so I never bought the DLC characters for CS.

You didn't miss much... generic loli, furry, battle butler. Although Valkenhayn is pretty badass. And with Extend we get a clone character (baseless assumption but cmon Arc, only new character you can think of is one with an extremely similar fight style to Carl Clover?)

I love BlazBlue and to me it's the best fighter this gen. Extremely fluid gameplay with tons of depth, beautiful 2D sprites, amazing soundtrack, surprisingly good story, very unique atmosphere, and more offline content than any fighter I've ever seen. What other fighter offers literally hours of story mode?

But one thing I'm disappointed about (other than the bullshit DLC and constant milking obviously) is the lack of characters. A unique and diverse cast is where Guilty Gear knocked it out of the part. That roster is pure awesome and there's nothing else like it. I know a smaller roster means a more well developed roster, but it's going on three years and we've only gotten four new characters, and they're all generic uninspired, aside from Relius, who is a ripoff character.
Last edited by brunoafh on Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:32 pm

@bruno: I agree about offline content. It has one of the best tutorial systems I've seen in a fighting game. I still haven't gotten through all of the CS tutorials yet.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

by ZenErik Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:17 pm

I disagree about the new characters being uninspired and generic. Platinum the Trinity owns all. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
MrEco
Next-Gen

by MrEco Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:04 pm

ZenErik wrote:I disagree about the new characters being uninspired and generic. Makoto Nanaya looks almost as awesome as Noel.

fixt.
Last edited by MrEco on Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
ZenErik
Next-Gen

by ZenErik Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:06 pm

MrEco wrote:
ZenErik wrote:I disagree about the new characters being uninspired and generic. Makoto Nanaya is almost as awesome as Noel.

fixt.

Pfft. She's okay, but I'm not really a big fan. Rachel Alucard used to be my favorite, and of course Noel is good too.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:07 pm

Noel rules.
Return to Fighters