Re: BlazBlue series thread

by MrEco Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:11 am

To clear up the confusion:

Calamity Trigger
-First game

Continuum Shift
-Second Game

Continuum Shift II
-Remake of CS. Portable only release that adds the three DLC characters and all the patches that the console versions got. Console versions basically are this if all your patches are up to date and you bought the three characters. However the Vita and 3DS versions have Abyss mode, something the consoles versions cannot get.

Continuum Shift Extend
-Remake of CS for consoles and Vita. Adds all three DLC characters as well as a brand new character (Relius Clover). It adds story modes for those four characters as well. It brings Abyss mode to the consoles as well as the new Unlimited Mars mode. Even more gameplay tweaks than before.

Blazblue 3
-Yet to be released. But probably awesome.

So, who else is getting Extend this February?
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:41 am

MrEco wrote:So, who else is getting Extend this February?

I'm not sure if I will. I have CT and CS, but I don't know how I feel about buying a revision of a game I already own. (Similarly, I have MvC3 and SSF4. As such, I don't want to spend money to upgrade to Ultimate and AE.)

I am curious of those with CS will be able to play against those with Extend. Isn't it possible to basically turn CS into Extend using DLC anyway?

I do want that soundtrack though...
ZenErik
Next-Gen

by ZenErik Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:15 am

STFU and buy it. :D I preordered because fighting games just simply don't get much better.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:31 am

ZenErik wrote:STFU and buy it. :D I preordered because fighting games just simply don't get much better.

lol. You know I love BB. I just really want a third game rather than a revision. Plus there's too many other games I want coming out in the next month or so. (And I did just get Arcana 3).
dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:38 am

noiseredux wrote:
ZenErik wrote:STFU and buy it. :D I preordered because fighting games just simply don't get much better.

lol. You know I love BB. I just really want a third game rather than a revision.

Good luck.

Guilty Gear X
Guilty Gear X Plus
Guilty Gear X: Advance Edition
Guilty Gear X ver 1.5

Guilty Gear XX
Guilty Gear XX #Reload
Guilty Gear XX Slash
Guilty Gear XX Λ Core
Guilty Gear XX Λ Core Plus
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:40 am

dsheinem wrote:Good luck.

Guilty Gear X
Guilty Gear X Plus
Guilty Gear X: Advance Edition
Guilty Gear X ver 1.5

Guilty Gear XX
Guilty Gear XX #Reload
Guilty Gear XX Slash
Guilty Gear XX Λ Core
Guilty Gear XX Λ Core Plus

Straight out of an exclusive interview with Japanese gaming magazine Gemaga, when asked what his goals for 2012 are, Blazblue producer Toshimichi Mori responded that he wants to make Blazblue 3
ZenErik
Next-Gen

by ZenErik Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:42 am

Yup. Although the creator already stated his intent to work on a sequel. As much as I dislike paying for revisions, I'd rather get a physical release for a revision than paid DLC.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:46 am

ZenErik wrote:Yup. Although the creator already stated his intent to work on a sequel. As much as I dislike paying for revisions, I'd rather get a physical release for a revision than paid DLC.

well I guess my whole thing comes down to whether CS and Extend can play online together. And if so you have to weight this out: if you already own CS, how much will the DLC to get it to be Extend cost? If it's less than $40, then what's the point of buying Extend?

Like with SSF4AE... I had no interest in the 4 new characters, so to me it was much more logical to just download the free AE patch so that I could still play against those that did buy AE.

Now if CS and Extend cannot play together, then that will cause so problems if you and some of the other fightclubbers buy Extend and get rid of CS. Though, I still wouldn't buy Extend unless it was a lot cheaper. Like under $20, because again, I just don't like the idea of re-buying the same game within a single year.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

by ZenErik Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:49 am

Same year? CS came out mid-2010.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:50 am

ZenErik wrote:Same year? CS came out mid-2010.

but I didn't buy it until 2011. I said I didn't want to buy the same game twice within a year.
Return to Fighters