Brawlers and Beatemups
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Re: I'm a little confused about the BlazBlue series...

by ZenErik Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:11 pm

I believe that if you have the newest patch and the DLc characters, that is CS2. Could be wrong.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
brunoafh
Next-Gen

by brunoafh Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:22 pm

ZenErik wrote:I believe that if you have the newest patch and the DLc characters, that is CS2. Could be wrong.

Yep, pretty much, but there's also Abyss Mode. I think they added new story sections too (for the DLC characters that didn't have any in the original console CS).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:45 am

Continuum Shift Extend comes out in Feb... but what exactly is it? Is it just an update to CS? Or is it a true sequel? Is there much reason to pick it up if you already have CS?
brunoafh
Next-Gen

by brunoafh Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:10 am

I wouldn't call it a true sequel, but there are some nice additions. Abyss Mode (some weird dungeon crawler-esque mode from the portable version), "Unlimited Mars" Mode, team battles, the DLC characters from CS, and a new character all together, Relius Clover. I believe there's going to be another balance change too. If you didn't get the DLC chars for CS, the package is worth it.

I'm not sure about how the story mode stuff is being handled, but I would guess the DLC characters and Relius are going to get new scenarios.
isiolia
Next-Gen

by isiolia Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:21 am

Originally it was just going to be the Vita version, but I guess the decided that having two rounds of packaged revisions to the game for portables only wasn't ideal :roll:

http://blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/BlazBlue ... ift_Extend has details.

But, yeah, basically rolling everything from previous releases in, plus more. Probably not as much of a must-have as it'd be if they were adding several more new characters/etc...but if you never bought the DLC characters, then they're new to you :lol:
ZenErik
Next-Gen

by ZenErik Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:30 am

Can't wait! :) its going to be great.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
brunoafh
Next-Gen

by brunoafh Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:50 am

I am eager as well, but I'm hoping the new balance changes are to my liking. I wasn't fond of the last one at all, so much so that quit playing all together, when I used to play every single night.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:24 am

Straight out of an exclusive interview with Japanese gaming magazine Gemaga, when asked what his goals for 2012 are, Blazblue producer Toshimichi Mori responded that he wants to make Blazblue 3.

http://www.japanator.com/toshimichi-mor ... 1235.phtml

First of all, this is awesome news! Second of all it finally clears up that question that was bugging me. So the creator himself considers CS to be the 2nd game then. That's what I get out of it.

1. CT
2. CS / CSII/ CS Extend
3. BlazBlue 3
brunoafh
Next-Gen

by brunoafh Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:01 am

About fucking time.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: BlazBlue series thread

by noiseredux Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:12 pm

If you're looking to extend Blazblue: Contiuum Shift Extend just a bit more, you might want to pick up the limited edition. Aksys has revealed the contents of the package, which will only be available on Xbox 360 and PS3 -- i.e. the Vita version will not receive a limited edition. The package will feature a 40-page art book, a soundtrack CD and a calendar (so you can schedule your fights).

The package is available for pre-order now from GameStop or Amazon, with the romantic release date of February 14.
Return to Fighters