BlazBlue series thread

Brawlers and Beatemups
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: BlazBlue series thread

Post by noiseredux »

MrPopo wrote:You have to like a character if you're going to put in the time to get good with them. What makes a person like a character varies from person to person. Some are purely pragmatic, and like a character based upon their movesets. Others are based on story or looks. I start off by narrowing the field based upon which characters I have an instant liking for based on the first look at their portrait, then I cut down from there by removing any damn charge characters.

I get that, but ultimately it's function isn't it? I mean I do the same as you, but based on my playstyle I tend to land on whoever moves really fast and is smaller. I'm not concerned with power necessarily, I just hate characters that move slow and are huge. Function.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

I'm weird; I refuse to play male characters. So I find the female character who I find plays the best to my style. Even if there are male characters who would suit me better, I'd still rock a female.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

MrPopo wrote:I'm weird; I refuse to play male characters. So I find the female character who I find plays the best to my style. Even if there are male characters who would suit me better, I'd still rock a female.

Same.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

ZenErik wrote:Hazama is such a douche in the story that I am very unlikely to use him often.

And this is why he's by far my favorite character and pretty much the only one I use now. I liked his playstyle right away, but after seeing how awesome he is in the story I liked him even more. This factor is something that makes BB very unique.

noise, on a more serious note, I really do understand what you're saying. But that's just how Arc rolls, their fighting games are known for building universes and personalities. Every one of them does it, and it's a major part of the appeal for their installed fanbase. If you don't enjoy that aspect that's totally fine though.

The argument can go both ways though, why can't Capcom allocate some budget and money into making me care more about the characters and a bit of a story mode instead of 50 characters that all play the same? In MvC 3 I was actually pretty stoked for a story mode since originally we were told it was going to have one. If it did, that would have made me enjoy the game way more. So it goes both ways really.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

It's nice to have characters with actual character!

My Rachel Alucard figure will be here today. Finally ordered the one they released last year. Hope they make a Platinum the Trinity one too. :mrgreen:
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

^that's pretty badass dood. I hate her though. I mean... I suck using her. haha.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

noiseredux wrote:^that's pretty badass dood. I hate her though. I mean... I suck using her. haha.

:D It's not easy. I forget the exact names for all her familiars and moves. But a lot of it is using the lightning posts and summoning the frog and pumpkin. And then dash forward and use the her drive (wind thingy). If you time it well you can smash them with the pumpkin, electrocute with the frog, hit the opponent a few times with your spinning attack and maybe zap them with a few of those lightning posts for good measure.

I need to look up the names of these attacks, haha.
AppliCotton
16-bit

Post by AppliCotton »

ZenErik wrote:Image

Waaaaaaa that's so fucking cool, i want it! :mrgreen: <---- Me green with envy. Rachel is just too cool, as you can see by my name I'm a huge fan of the Cotton series, and as soon as I saw Tempest Dahlia (an obvious hommage to Cotton 2!) I was giving Playasia my credit card info (I had been wavering on shelling out for an NTSC-J (i.e. for Cave games) Xbox, and when I saw BlazBlue I finally cracked).

Seeing as my last fighting game was SFII (which I rocked and still rock this day, by the way), I've been taking it real slow. I'm playing Ragna because the game basically forces new players to start with Ragna, and thank god because he's easy to use. But as soon as I get all 15 challenges done and feel confident with him, I'm maining Rachel.
1. Guilty Gear
2. Dimahoo
3. Wonder Boy III: Monster Lair
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

Aaah, Rachel Alucard. No character in BB leaves me more flustered with indecision. On the one hand I think her visual design is both cool looking and somewhat cute. Her playstyle is unique feeling and fun to use. And her character personality is witty and entertaining. On the other hand I absolutely suck using her, and her personality can quickly switch over to being a bitch. :/

Anyway, too lazy to read back the pages I missed to get all of your opinions on Chrono Phantasma since it's late and I'm tired and want to sleep now. But I'll give mine real quick and hopefully spark a little talk from it.

The new character Azreal looks horrid. Like a shonen jump type of Naruto character or something, similar to Bang.

Bullet on the other hand looks hot and will certainly have an interesting personality by the look of things. Now if only my girlfriend could stop staring at her boobs and making me slightly jealous. >.>

Amane looks cool. Characters like him (Or GG's original Bridget) that look ready to confuse the fuck out of everyone with trying to guess their gender always seem to be interesting to me.

Noel's new costume looks neat. Not sure if I like it more or less than her old costume though. Cause on the one hand this new one is very attractive and a change of costume usually implies a slight change of personality which would be interesting to see. On the other hand Noel's old costume was pretty much perfect for her physique.

Anyway, off to bed now blargh.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores