BlazBlue series thread

Brawlers and Beatemups
MrPopo

Re: BlazBlue series thread

Post by MrPopo »

Mu > Noel.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

So do you guys play on Xbox or PS3?

When I first bought CS I got it for PS3 because I didn't have a 360 at the time. But now I'm getting Extend for 360 cause I have more friends that play Blazblue on that system.
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

ZenErik wrote:I disagree about the new characters being uninspired and generic. Platinum the Trinity owns all. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Liking Platinum is all well and good, but she is the definition of a generic anime trope. Which is fine *shrugs*, I just expect more from Arc because of how awesome and unique the GG cast was. Battle Fantasia had a really cool cast too. I'm fine with the BB cast overall though. The only really unique character is Arakune. Nearly everyone else just looks like they were created in a random anime character generator.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

MrEco wrote:So do you guys play on Xbox or PS3?

When I first bought CS I got it for PS3 because I didn't have a 360 at the time. But now I'm getting Extend for 360 cause I have more friends that play Blazblue on that system.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34456
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

brunoafh wrote:
ZenErik wrote:I disagree about the new characters being uninspired and generic. Platinum the Trinity owns all. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Liking Platinum is all well and good, but she is the definition of a generic anime trope. Which is fine *shrugs*, I just expect more from Arc because of how awesome and unique the GG cast was. Battle Fantasia had a really cool cast too. I'm fine with the BB cast overall though. The only really unique character is Arakune. Nearly everyone else just looks like they were created in a random anime character generator.

Guilty Gear definitely has a better cast, but being a big anime fan I am quite content with BlazBlue.

What's wrong with her being a magical girl? So what? What would YOU have in the game instead of her? What unique design off the top of your head?

Just curious. Perhaps you have some great ideas. Fulfilling an anime stereotype does not necessarily make a character generic. It's a starting point to build from. A lot of games with larger casts have 2 or 3 characters that share MANY traits. Is that really better?
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
MrEco
Next-Gen

Post by MrEco »

ZenErik wrote:
brunoafh wrote:

Guilty Gear definitely has a better cast, but being a big anime fan I am quite content with BlazBlue.

What's wrong with her being a magical girl? So what? What would YOU have in the game instead of her? What unique design off the top of your head?

Just curious. Perhaps you have some great ideas. Fulfilling an anime stereotype does not necessarily make a character generic. It's a starting point to build from. A lot of games with larger casts have 2 or 3 characters that share MANY traits. Is that really better?

Dude come on. Having the minds of three people trapped inside you and switching between their personalities is so cliche. >.>
I feel old when talking to anyone my age yet too inexperienced to effectively talk to anyone older. Life is grand that way.

My twitter handle is @EckoExplores
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

Street Fighter is so much more diverse. I can choose from about 6 or 8 shonen action heroes instead of just one or two. :D
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

ZenErik wrote:What's wrong with her being a magical girl?

Nothing. Nothing at all. I'm just personally not into the loli trope. A quick google image search for "loli" quickly tells me there is a large market for it though. People have different tastes, no big deal really. My main gripe with the cast is that
brunoafh wrote:Nearly everyone else just looks like they were created in a random anime character generator.

brunoafh wrote:I just expect more from Arc because of how awesome and unique the GG cast was.

What would YOU have in the game instead of her? What unique design off the top of your head?

If it was my job to come up with unique character designs all day I would probably be able to come up with some cool stuff.

edit: Actually I just came up with a pretty sweet idea just now. A badass fire breathing dragon lord with sweet wings that wears a leather jacket and sunglasses. His weapon can be a guitar covered with spikes and also emits fire. He can be I-no's counterpart character. I would use that character every single time even if he was worse than Tager.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

brunoafh wrote:If it was my job to come up with unique character designs all day I would probably be able to come up with some cool stuff.

edit: Actually I just came up with a pretty sweet idea just now. A badass fire breathing dragon lord with sweet wings that wears a leather jacket and sunglasses. His weapon can be a guitar covered with spikes and also emits fire. He can be I-no's counterpart character. I would use that character every single time even if he was worse than Tager.

Uniqueness is good, but at the same time you can resonate with your audience strongly by playing on existing character archetypes.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
JC48573
128-bit

Post by JC48573 »

I guess what I'm worried about is that sometimes they tend to remove stuff. I just want to verify if the story for CS1 and CS2 is included in Extend or not. If it is, then I will sell my CS copy.