Soul Calibur V

Brawlers and Beatemups
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Re: Soul Calibur V

Post by ZenErik »

Valkyrie-Favor wrote:11? That's when I usually eat :lol:

Definitely glad I got to play you. That was actually the first time I faced Lexia. Incredible start up times there, I'll just have to stay back and poke you from now on. You did a pretty great job closing the distance.

Yea. Leixia's range is medium at best. But I've got speed, and some handy kick attacks. I don't think I will ever switch to another character, provided she is in SCVI. Doesn't even matter if she isn't on top of any tier lists.

I need to do some actual training and learn combos.

Playing with a PS3 controller is very difficult for me. I hardly ever blocked or grabbed because I can't figure out 1 thumb for 4 buttons. On the stick I have 4 fingers for 4 buttons. :lol: Actually had my hand over the controller sometimes, not on the grip, so I could use my index and middle fingers to do multi button inputs.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

I'm used to D-pads, and the only time I can use an arcade stick is on a real arcade machine. I lose a little precision, but it isn't bad. With the default setup, you can just mash X and Square or X and Triangle to grab. That's easy for me, but if you aren't used to it I guess it could be difficult.

For blocking, I set guard to L1 and X. That makes jumping and ducking easier.

For SCVI they'd better bring Cassandra back.
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

Got my arcade stick. Ready for more SCV whenever!
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

I played online for about an hour today, and I don't like the game quite as much as I did before. I did well against some strong players using Patrokolos and Aeon, but lost the majority of my matches. I'd often end up stunlocked, fighting characters like Natsu and Mitsurugi.

All these characters need to do is repeat a fast move over and over. The startup times are ridiculous - so fast that even guard break didn't have time to activate in between strikes. Not a single one of Hilde's moves is quick enough, so I'd have to wait until they got bored or messed up their timing. Once one of those lands, I'm stunned long enough for them to land a ridiculous combo. Sure, I could have beaten them if I was better, but I feel like it takes a disproportionate amount of skill to avoid that kind of attack.
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while