Street Fighter x Tekken

Brawlers and Beatemups
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Re: Street Fighter x Tekken

Post by Bradtemple87 »

This is the ONLY disc version of this game that will be released, straight from the horse's mouth (Capcom & Ono)

DLC will take advantage of me from behind as expected, but I want the characters.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

This is the ONLY disc version of this game that will be released, straight from the horse's mouth (Capcom & Ono)

DLC will take advantage of me from behind as expected, but I want the characters.

Yes, but they were singing quite a different tune before this entire "All DLC is already on the disc" debacle. The whole "the ONLY disc release of SFxT" seems like a simple cop out encourage people not to ignore the first version of SFxT and hit there 2million mark in units sold. I have a sinking feeling that there could be in fact another disc release update by the holidays. Japan doesn't seem to favor any sort of DLC and i'm sure Capcom wouldn't see it profitable to just ignore that market region.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

Japan doesn't favor any sort of DLC?

Look into The iDOLM@STER series. If you got all the DLC for those games it'd easily hit $2000+.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
quintorro
32-bit

Post by quintorro »

Chances are that if a second disc surfaces, it will just be like the SSFIV:AE disc: The base game plus the DLC and patches and what not.
Well, hopefully.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

Just picked up my copy from work. I hit the lab starting tomorrow!
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Played it. It's alright. Not terrible, but not worth picking up at full price.

Pandora seems to be the most worthless thing I've ever seen in a game. You are given what seems to be less than five seconds to gain what seems to be a minimal attack bonus. Almost everytime I activated it or someone activated it against me, the 'lame game' begins and the Pandora'd one tries desparately to get in on an opponent. The only times I ever landed an attack with Pandora was when I activated it while my opponent was tagging out - I'd be able to attack him right as he was coming in, but I still never killed with it because you just aren't given enough time and your opponent would have to be brain-dead to raw tag a low-health character in.

Will wait at least until characters I actually want become available. Aside from Rolento, I don't much care for any of the current characters.

I've heard, however, that there are some gems present on the disc that sound down-right game breaking - one of which auto-blocks for you when someone hits you while you are whiffing a move.

whywouldyoudothat.jpg.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

quintorro wrote:Chances are that if a second disc surfaces, it will just be like the SSFIV:AE disc: The base game plus the DLC and patches and what not.
Well, hopefully.

I haven't seen Capcom actually doing that though, at least not comprehensively. Outside of the Arcade Edition upgrade, their DLC tends to stay as DLC. For example, the alternate costumes from SFIV weren't included on SSFIV, and still none of them were added to the AE release. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 still doesn't bundle in DLC characters.

In the past, I'd have bought most/all revisions of the games as they came out. Their DLC model has left me not buying them at all.
EVOLghost
24-bit

Post by EVOLghost »

Played this last night at a GameStop in store tourney, got my ass whooped, but it's not like I wasn't expecting that. Anyways, I got to play the game...and....well.......it's still kind of feels like sf4
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

My copy shipped today. My email says my copy will have every character ever made for every fighting game, ever, so...sorta stoked.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

mjmjr25 wrote:My copy shipped today. My email says my copy will have every character ever made for every fighting game, ever, so...sorta stoked.

Flake is getting his on Thursday and I'm getting mine soon as well. sounds like were going to have some fun.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here