Street Fighter x Tekken

Brawlers and Beatemups
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Street Fighter x Tekken

Post by noiseredux »

CD AGES wrote:Wow! Really so you r fine with having to fork over an addtional 40-50 bucks worth of paid DLC or better yet have them release a new version in the form of a budget price disc release (EVEN AFTER THEY ASSURED EVRYONE THIS WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!!). You def are fan, I'll give you that lol!

I'm fine with having the option. I got MvC3. When Ultimate MvC3 came out I looked at the added characters and decided I was fine with keeping the original game. I have no issues with two iterations of the game existing. I paid full price (well my wife did) for the game, and I loved playing it. I'm not upset.

I got SSF4 and when Arcade Edition came out -- same thing. Added characters weren't worth the upgrade to me. I still play my copy (that cost less than $20) several times a month.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

noiseredux wrote:
CD AGES wrote:Wow! Really so you r fine with having to fork over an addtional 40-50 bucks worth of paid DLC or better yet have them release a new version in the form of a budget price disc release (EVEN AFTER THEY ASSURED EVRYONE THIS WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!!). You def are fan, I'll give you that lol!

I'm fine with having the option. I got MvC3. When Ultimate MvC3 came out I looked at the added characters and decided I was fine with keeping the original game. I have no issues with two iterations of the game existing. I paid full price (well my wife did) for the game, and I loved playing it. I'm not upset.

I got SSF4 and when Arcade Edition came out -- same thing. Added characters weren't worth the upgrade to me. I still play my copy (that cost less than $20) several times a month.

I sort of expect to pick up the final versions of Capcom games sometime next gen, when they can be found for cheap in bargain bins and clearance sales. So far I have PS3 copies of SSF4AE, UMVC3, and RE5:Gold on my "pick up someday" list. I'll probably have to add the SF vs Tekken titles to that list too, in time. I don't see what the big deal is either, really.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

NOISE: And what option would that be!? These examples you just posted are completely different situations!
With super 4 capcom was smart and provided those with the game to either upgrade via paid DLC update for a reasonable fee or as a disc release. This option was NOT available to those that bought MVC3 even though Capcom made it clear that they would support the game via DLC patches only to go against their fuck'n word and kill the game with Ultimate releasing only a few months later... do you see the issue here... I'm no way making a issue of inevitable update that we know is bound to happen, but doesn't bother you that shit is well under way even though the gane you have pre ordered is not even in store shelves yet???
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

CD AGES wrote:NOISE: And what option would that be!?

The option to buy an updated version of the game or not buy it and be content with the version I already bought.

This option was NOT available to those that bought MVC3 even though Capcom made it clear that they would support the game via DLC patches only to go against their fuck'n word and kill the game with Ultimate releasing only a few months later... do you see the issue here...

No, because like I mentioned above, I've had a real good time playing MvC3. I don't feel like it's money wasted. And I still know people who own it as well, so it's not dead to me as I can still play against my friends.

doesn't bother you that shit is well under way even though the gane you have pre ordered is not even in store shelves yet???

No, because I will get plenty of usage out of this version of the game. Considering mjmjr25 and dsheinem (and I think seven) all plan to get it as well, we'll all be having a good time playing this version together. None of us should be too bothered while we're enjoying the game we bought.

If an update comes out, none of us have to buy it. We can continue to play the version we've all been playing. We'll have a choice.

Also, in case you're forgetting:

Street Fighter II seriesMain article: Street Fighter II
Street Fighter II - The World Warrior
Console Ports:
Street Fighter II - The World Warrior (ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, Atari ST, Commodore Amiga, DOS)
Street Fighter II (Game Boy - this version combined elements from the first 4 versions of SFII [SFII:TWW-SSFII])
Street Fighter II - The World Warrior (PlayStation - part of Street Fighter Collection Vol. 2(US)/Capcom Generation Vol. 5: Fighters(Japan))
Street Fighter II - The World Warrior (Sega Saturn - part of Capcom Generation Vol. 5: Fighters, Japanese release)
Street Fighter II - The World Warrior (Super Famicom/Super NES)
Street Fighter II - The World Warrior (Wii- downloadable by VC)
Street Fighter II' - Champion Edition
Console Ports:
Street Fighter II' - Champion Edition (TurboGrafx-16 - Japanese release)
Street Fighter II' - Champion Edition (Super Famicom/Super NES - part of Street Fighter II Turbo - Hyper Fighting)
Street Fighter II' - Champion Edition (Mega Drive/Genesis - part of Street Fighter II' - Special Champion Edition)
Street Fighter II' - Champion Edition (PlayStation - part of Street Fighter Collection Vol. 2(US)/Capcom Generation Vol. 5: Fighters(Japan))
Street Fighter II' (Sega Master System)
Street Fighter II' - Champion Edition (Sega Saturn - part of Capcom Generation Vol. 5: Fighters, Japanese release)
Street Fighter II' Turbo / Street Fighter II' - Hyper Fighting
Console Ports:
Street Fighter II Turbo - Hyper Fighting (Super Famicom/Super NES)
Street Fighter II' - Special Champion Edition / Street Fighter II' Plus (Mega Drive/Genesis)
Street Fighter II' Turbo / Street Fighter II' - Hyper Fighting (PlayStation - part of Street Fighter Collection Vol. 2(US)/Capcom Generation Vol. 5: Fighters(Japan))
Street Fighter II' Turbo - Hyper Fighting (Sega Saturn - part of Capcom Generation Vol. 5: Fighters, Japanese release)
Street Fighter II' Turbo - Hyper Fighting (Xbox 360 - downloadable through Xbox Live Arcade, Released August 2, 2006)
Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers
Console Ports:
Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers (Super Famicom/Super NES)
Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers (Mega Drive/Genesis)
Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers (PlayStation - part of Street Fighter Collection(US/Japan))
Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers (Sega Saturn - part of Street Fighter Collection(US/Japan) )
Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers (Atari ST, Commodore Amiga, DOS)
Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers (DOS - US release)
A special version of this game, known as Super Street Fighter II - Tournament Battle was created to allow eight players to participate in an elimination tournament.
Super Street Fighter II Turbo / Super Street Fighter II X - Grand Master Challenge
Console Ports:
Super Street Fighter II Turbo / Super Street Fighter II X - Grand Master Challenge (Panasonic 3DO)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo (DOS, Amiga, Amiga CD32)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo / Super Street Fighter II X - Grand Master Challenge (PlayStation - part of Street Fighter Collection(US/Japan) )
Super Street Fighter II Turbo / Super Street Fighter II X - Grand Master Challenge (Sega Saturn - part of Street Fighter Collection(US/Japan) )
Super Street Fighter II Turbo / Super Street Fighter II X - Grand Master Challenge (PlayStation2 - part of Capcom Classics Collection Volume 2)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo/ Super Street Fighter II X - Grand Master Challenge (Xbox - part of Capcom Classics Collection Volume 2)
Super Street Fighter II X Grand Master Challenge for Matching Service (Dreamcast - Japan only) - First fighting game with online play (with the exception of console versions of Super Street Fighter II - The New Challengers playable through XBAND)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo Revival / Super Street Fighter II X Revival (Game Boy Advance)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (Xbox 360 - downloadable through Xbox Live Arcade, PlayStation 3 - downloadable through PlayStation Network.)
Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition
Console Ports:
Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition (PlayStation 2 - part of Street Fighter Anniversary Collection)
Hyper Street Fighter II: The Anniversary Edition (Xbox - part of Street Fighter Anniversary Collection)
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Not a spoiler buddy. I have all that and then some. The difference is I didn't pay full price for these games :mrgreen:
gradualmeltdown
128-bit

Post by gradualmeltdown »

Its hard to even know what you are buying with this product right now. Once we see a final build in the real world we can decide if THAT version on console is enough game to justify $60. I for one think Capcom is completely screwing this up and have lost interest in playing their games. I used to travel to compete and attended EVO for years, basically their hardcore audience.

I am an old guy and I like buying a complete package deal. Games change to fast these days and are not deeply discovered. I understand that things move faster with youtube and the internet but these games are being dropped to early. Used to be a game would have several "tier" changes and complete shifts in strategy during its lifetime. Now instead of creating solutions for "problems" in matchups or the engine players ask for a patch. Now a tier change is buying a new character to suck at so you think things are still fun.

Super Turbo for life kids. Its whats good :)

edit : KOF 13 might rule too. did it catch the DLC bug dunno haven't been console gamin lately.
I like old games
I like new games
I like games
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

^
Yes! Exactly! This is the point I'm trying to get across.

Yes KOF XIII has 3 DLC characters and dat about it really... In regards to this I'm glad to see that SNK is not abandoning its arcade vendors and providing all the console content thru the "Climax" Update for the dated arcade version.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

CD AGES wrote:^
Yes! Exactly! This is the point I'm trying to get across.

But...you're struggling, badly.
CD AGES
Next-Gen

Post by CD AGES »

Not at all. One person understood. That's more than enough ;)
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

CD AGES wrote:Not at all. One person understood. That's more than enough ;)

No, I think we all understood, but your ability for rhetoric is very frustrating to overcome, even when folks might agree with you. You tend to attack, rather than rebut and ad hominen retorts in text are ineffective to your ends...and just rather annoying, to be very honest.