Street Fighter x Tekken

Brawlers and Beatemups
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Street Fighter x Tekken

Post by noiseredux »

ZenErik wrote:Still undecided on whether I want this. Couldn't get into SFIV or MvC3. Solid games that I just didn't enjoy enough. Should I throw more money Capcom's way and end up just selling the game a few days later again? :?

if I hadn't already bought my copy, I'd say "yeah get it so you can sell it to me the next day for $40," but since I did buy my copy I'll say this: if you didn't like SF4 or MVC3, then I don't think you're going to like this.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

ZenErik wrote:Still undecided on whether I want this. Couldn't get into SFIV or MvC3. Solid games that I just didn't enjoy enough. Should I throw more money Capcom's way and end up just selling the game a few days later again? :?

Hmm I hear you on MvC 3 but I thought SF IV was excellent. What didn't you like about it? If you didn't really like SF IV, I wouldn't bother with this, because from what I can tell it's going to play exactly like SF IV. The added gimmicks and unique roster might be enough to garner your interest though.
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

I didn't like MvC 3, however, I did enjoy and still play SSFIV. I feel like waiting since a "Super" or "Ultimate" version come out towards the end of the year. Also, Tekken vs Street Fighter seems like a much more ambitous project that I'd support.
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
EVOLghost
24-bit

Post by EVOLghost »

This looks like it plays smoother than SF4. Seems a lot faster.
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

This game IS Street Fighter and Marvel making a baby. Don't let the Tekken name fool you, this is nothing like Tekken. The characters have dedicated chains but that's about it. If you do not like Marvel, you will not like this game.

Saving many of you the trouble since I played the finished build at Capcoms fight club.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

from SiliconEra:

Ono reassured another tweeter from Japan that Capcom will not restrict extra features to a disc-only update like Super Street Fighter IV. He says the company’s current policy is to release a "plus alpha" update if a new disc version is released.
quintorro
32-bit

Post by quintorro »

So if I'm understanding this correctly, this means the new version would be similar to GOTY editions you see released for other games?
EVOLghost
24-bit

Post by EVOLghost »

Bradtemple87 wrote:This game IS Street Fighter and Marvel making a baby. Don't let the Tekken name fool you, this is nothing like Tekken. The characters have dedicated chains but that's about it. If you do not like Marvel, you will not like this game.

Saving many of you the trouble since I played the finished build at Capcoms fight club.

So....like Akuma, Bison, n stuff are in the final build correct?

Anyone know what characters they'e planning for DLC>??
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

I hope PS Vita users can play against PS3 users. If so I will get it when it comes out on the Vita. :D
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

Yes all characters were available except megaman who is on the disc but must be unlocked by going online
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739