All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: SNK Classics Arcade Vol. 1 is rather disappointing
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:30 pm 

Curlypaul wrote:
retrosportsgamer wrote:
$15 new at Kmart for the Wii version - worth every penny if you have a classic controller.

Best place to get Baseball Stars 2 NTSC also :D

I've got one of these, which works great with this compilation:

but if you are really lucky, then this would be even better:

:shock: :shock: to the Neo geo stick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:28 pm 
32-bit

y is wii written in the corner??did neo geo make a stick for the wii??

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:08 pm 
Next-Gen

They sure did! In japan anyway. SNKP The also made about 5 different variations of that stick for PS2. I have 3 :D

http://rdcproject.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:35 pm 
128-bit

I'm not too wild about several of the games on Vol. 1, I think better selections could have been made. Last Resort, for example, is such an awful shump, I don't understand why people like it so much.

But if you can get it for a few bucks, its certainly worth it for Magician Lord and Shock Troopers.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:05 pm 
128-bit

I thought Last Resort was awesome!

But I do wish that they would have put on Pulstar or Blazing Star.
I will agree that a couple game choices were pretty lame when compared to similar games in the Neo Geo library. Last Resort might be a let down in that respect. But I still enjoyed it to completion.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:00 pm 
Next-Gen

saturnfan wrote:
I'm not too wild about several of the games on Vol. 1, I think better selections could have been made. Last Resort, for example, is such an awful shump, I don't understand why people like it so much.

But if you can get it for a few bucks, its certainly worth it for Magician Lord and Shock Troopers.

Heh, thats 2 threads that you've mentioned the terribleness of Last Resort. Do you really find it that unappealing?

I'm honestly asking, I've never played it before. I usually enjoy a shmup, unless it is just terri-bad.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:01 am 
128-bit

dunpeal2064 wrote:
saturnfan wrote:

Heh, thats 2 threads that you've mentioned the terribleness of Last Resort. Do you really find it that unappealing?

I'm honestly asking, I've never played it before. I usually enjoy a shmup, unless it is just terri-bad.

It more has to do with a confusion of why people like it so much. I have played many a shump in my day and I find Last Resort to be very uninspired and boring. The first time I played it, I remember saying to myself, "what the hell is this?". And I played it for a while and just couldn't get into it.

Now is it a bad game? No, I wouldn't say its painful to play or technically broken, I just think there are tons of better shumps out there.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:21 pm 
128-bit
 WWW  Profile

Not worth it own thread, but still SNK, anyone got any good experiences with the Wii versions of the Metal Slug Anthology and KOF: The Orochi Saga?

http://beepsclicksandanalogsticks.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:44 pm 
Next-Gen

Yes!

Keep away from Wii Metal Slug Antho.. the game only supports motion controls and that's it! Stick with PS2 version.

KOF Orochi Collection is a tough one... definately keep away from PSP port unless ur ok with laggy controls, delayed audio (just awful) and major load times. I'd say the Wii version takes the win but just barely! Super quick loading, Supports 480p via component, supports all Wii controller alternatives (even though it doesn't indicate on the box that it supports GCN controls) and dev TA fixed all known PS2 version bugs! Although a few Wii bugs materialized. The biggest issues is not being able to use EX characters in training mode in KOF 98 o_0 I want to use Orochi CYS team in training Dammit! Oh! And flasheses and and white backgrounds for all the games in the collection have been altered and or removed (due to Nintendos stupid seziure standards shit!)

If your PS2 can play imports then I recommend Neo geo Online KOF Orochi collection from JPN. Sure, you lose 94 and 98 but the games left are arcade perfect! :D

http://rdcproject.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:47 pm 
Next-Gen

CD AGES wrote:
Keep away from Wii Metal Slug Antho.. the game only supports motion controls and that's it! Stick with PS2 version.

The wii version supports the Gamcube controller.

Don't you see? They're all cackling maniacally like the members of the Springfield Republican Party, trying to destroy our way of life. And they would have gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next