Dragon's Crown

Brawlers and Beatemups
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Re: Dragon's Crown

Post by Gamerforlife »

That's the problem, I don't usually have a lot of cash as I use a lot of it for Trailblazer's Boon to help me level. I hate chaining levels as I think it's a stupid concept, especially with equipment breaking all the time, so I just replay the path B stage with the Ogre boss battle using Trailblazer's boon to level. It gives higher XP payouts than some other B path levels on Infernal that I've tried, and is one of the easier B paths. Got my Amazon to level 99 this way, and my sorceress is currently at level 65 using the same method.

She's by far the character I enjoy playing the most. I hate the glass cannon, overly reliant on status buffs amazon style, the you must be super accurate to actually hit anything with your arrows elf style, the does more damage but is less fun to play than the sorceress Wizard, and the one trick pony double grand smash dwarf. And the fighter...well I haven't used him much, but he seems bland.

The Demon King is the last big obstacle for me really, at least trophy-wise as so much of the Labyrinth of Chaos beyond the first Demon King fight is optional. I have most of the other trophies in the game aside from the oddball ones like Legendary Strike and the cooking ones

I've tried the Demon King a few times now with my amazon and a party of level 99 NPCs and got my rear handed to me each time. Maybe I'll try and take him with the sorceress when I've built her up a bit.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
TheSegaSaturnGuy
64-bit

Post by TheSegaSaturnGuy »

I just picked this game up for my Vita and I am almost 4 hours into it. I must say I am am completely blown away with how amazing it is. The first couple of hours I spent getting acquainted with the story and the characters. I am confused as to whether not the Vita version has online capabilities. I have read where you have to get about 5 hours in before the online becomes available. Can anyone shed some light on this for me because in really want to try the game out online.
I am buying all Saturn games, PM me with your offerings and I will let you know if I need the game or not! (Everything must be CIB)

Currently trying to knock off all the sports games, would like to get them <$5 each! Of course if you would like to donate them I will gladly pay the shipping! :)
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

The online unlocks after you unlock the B path, or in other words once you have beaten the boss of each dungeon. The game will make it clear when you've done this and unlocked it, and explain what to do from there.

I thought this was kind of a weird way to set it up. Maybe the idea is so you are only paired up with people that know how to play the game fairly well? Or maybe to make it so you have to clear each dungeon alone first before you can have others join in? But that kind of doesn't make sense because you can still do local multiplayer and have AI partners. Who knows.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

Ah finally, an active Dragon's Crown thread! A very endangered species these days.

I've been playing this ever since I fell in love with the demo at Evo this year. Me and 3 friends have been streaming our 4-man LoC runs all the way up to floor 99, and even went to the trouble of making 7 lv99 characters on the same console, so we could show various party configurations and builds each week.
Overall we were pretty disappointed with how repetitive and easy LoC got past floor 20. I initially was super hyped over the later levels when I saw (what i now know was photoshopped) a screenshot of 3 gazers, 1 rabbit and 1 assassin on screen, right after the game was released. So i figured it'd be super fun and challenging, along with being a good watch on the stream with rooms of that difficulty. Sadly that vision never came to fruition, the floors were uninspired random mobs with just more hit points instead of difficulty. It also became rapidly apparent that the game cannot spawn more than one boss on screen at the same time....for whatever reason (doesn't seem like populating more than 1 larger sprite/hitbox/skillset SHOULD be a system processing issue....?).

Anyways, our local 4 man group ended agreeing that the most optimal team build for LoC was: Elf, Amazon, Amazon, Sorceress.
I played the elf and usually quarterback what the party does and call out attacks/spells I need to optimize our damage. The amazons are for the constant and obvious DPS, both were very adept at parrying and the patch made them quite happy. Our sorceress was vital in providing constant food and utilizing most of her spells as defensive countermeasures. Blizzard proved to be quite the 'get off of us' spell. Gravity well destroys rabbit and assassins for easy clone strike nukes and protection is..well you know, protection.
It was a pretty potent team. We occasionally switched out an amazon for dwarf or fighter just to try certain combos, but the main team I just went over was the vast majority of our stream runs.

Has anyone here really gone in depth to 4-man local builds and have any tech to share? I could go on about mine, but I didn't wanna put up a wall of text that possibly no one would wanna bother reading :P

Also, always looking for better cooking tech! (generic camp with non-boss food) We mainly get most of our bonuses up around 30-40% but can't seem to breach that chasm consistently and especially with 4 people cooking at once.
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

http://segmentnext.com/2013/12/20/drago ... r-dungeon/

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/12/20/dr ... new-tower/

SO PSYCHED!

We just concluded streaming this game after months of showing various builds and showing off how to exploit builds and how boring LoC had become after 20 floors up to 99.

It looks like all the complain that we and others did helped get new content! I am super excited to see the new difficulty and new random dungeons (mutliple boss fights PLZ!). I will post up stream links for anyone interested when we obtain the patch.

edit: From early reports- no new skill points past lv99, just huge stat increases. Tons of new weapons and mob configurations in new tower on ultimate difficulty. Tons of bones/crates everywhere for animating stuff now and TONS of new S rank gear comes out of every chest (unique weps too)!

If anyone wants to party up with me, on another night when the patch drops- LMK!

So excited to play with renewed vigor!

#elfout
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

Is the patch out right now? I've been trying to get through all of GT6 first..
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

Yea, it dropped across all regions early today. I unfortunately am stuck at work; Will probably stream this late night tonight to show off all the hard stuff and level cap :P

Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

How many patches is this now? Are they ever going to make up their minds about what kind of game they want this to be?

And there's a 255 level cap and you STILL can't max skills. WTF?

Sorry, had to get that trolling out of my system
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

Eh, no amount of patching is going to make this a worthy successor to Muramasa. Maybe next time. Still, glad they're trying to make it a worthy hack and slash... But still don't think it'll ever get there for me. Would rather play Diablo or any number of other hack n slash games.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

We are now streaming runs through the new Tower of Mirages on Ultimate difficulty.

Thusly we will be discussing observations and new finds, talk about changes we notice and generally comment on how good/bad the changes are.

Please join us on channel and we'd love some comments or questions from viewers to go over live.

www.twitch.tv/celestein

:mrgreen: