Dragon's Crown

Brawlers and Beatemups
MrPopo

Re: Dragon's Crown

Post by MrPopo »

That is all kinds of amazing.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Stark
Next-Gen

Post by Stark »

Just got it for Christmas!!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

Stark wrote:Just got it for Christmas!!

Welcome to the fold my friend. If you ever need help leveling or a talisman/tower run- hit me up!

psn: akazukin_cha_cha
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

It pains me to see this thread buried, since the game is so good and yet unplayed by many here.

Just wanted to post an FYI- This game is free for PS+ members as of August 5th!! So if you have been on the wall, now is the time to start playing as there will be more of an online presence than months previous.

In the spirit of the Together Retro this month, this game is in a lot of ways similar to the D&D beat em ups; and has advanced a lot of their original features, implemented a more core RPG aspect to their original concepts and improved a lot of the beat em up combat aspects! Tons of character specc'ing and unlocks to go through also!
If you're a fan of randomized dungeons, lots of difficulty and depth and love RNG treasure hunting- this game is for you!

Feel free to ask any questions or post up for online co-op'ing!

PS. the Vita and PS3 versions are cross platform co-op! and you can transfer characters/saves from one system to the other!
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

Definitely interested in checking this out once it hits the ol' PS+ next week. Does this play well with a stick?
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

Unfortunately it is made to work with dpad+dual analog, as you can switch each one between movement, spell/item selection and the magical hand (that emulates vita touch screen) to click around the background and discover hidden items/treasure, activate runes and unlock chests etc.

Impossible to play on a conventional arcade stick, but don't fret. This game improves from the arcade experience into a nice RPG/Beat em up hybrid.

TSTR
Next-Gen

Post by TSTR »

cha cha wrote:Unfortunately it is made to work with dpad+dual analog, as you can switch each one between movement, spell/item selection and the magical hand (that emulates vita touch screen) to click around the background and discover hidden items/treasure, activate runes and unlock chests etc.

Impossible to play on a conventional arcade stick, but don't fret. This game improves from the arcade experience into a nice RPG/Beat em up hybrid.

Ah, ok. That's cool though; I ain't scared of no gamepad.

Also, anything involving something called "THE MAGICAL HAND" instantly has my attention.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

dsheinem wrote:I like the genre, but I am seeing red flags on this one. The aesthetic is certainly a part of it, but honestly reviews from sites that I put some stock in (The Escapist, Polygon, etc.) seem to be middling at best. On top of that, I don't like that you are going to have to settle with losing something fairly significant in either port you choose (frames of animation, ease of navigation, multiplayer options, etc.). It doesn't seem, to me, worth the price of entry. Maybe I'd pick it up eventually on discount if it were cross play out of morbid curiosity and an interest in the genre, but it's not.

If I ever check do it out, it'll probably be when it becomes free for PS+ members later this year. :twisted:

this game is going to be free one year to the day of this post :lol:
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

:shock: That is some pretty crazy serendipity if I don't say so myself. Let us know what you think of it, based on your reviews of choice, I'm thinking you will be pleasantly surprised! 8)

ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

Pleasantly surprised with how forgettable the game is? Meh. The good thing is that while Dragon's Crown isn't worth playing the devs at least put out some great Muramasa DLC over the past year. :)
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo