Dragon's Crown

Brawlers and Beatemups
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Re: Dragon's Crown

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

Never let it be said that Atlus simply abandons their games!

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

Yooo

We are streaming 4-man Tower runs tonight starting @ 830. We'll be showing off new bosses, new weapons and skill changes. We'll of course be looking for anyone to participate in the stream chat with us, drop in and say "sup" and ask any questions you want! (We love interactive chat)

www.twitch.tv/celestein

Cya there.
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

ZenErik wrote:Eh, no amount of patching is going to make this a worthy successor to Muramasa. Maybe next time. Still, glad they're trying to make it a worthy hack and slash... But still don't think it'll ever get there for me. Would rather play Diablo or any number of other hack n slash games.

The fact that they've had to patch this so many times just proves that it was never that great to begin with. I hate when devs keep patching games over and over again because it creates inconsistency. For example, people use to love the Elf, now with this new patch a lot of players are saying she sucks. So elf players just had their favorite class ruined. How is that a boon for them?

Make up your damn mind Vanillaware. You've changed the way this game plays FIVE FREAKING TIMES NOW. That's not something to be praising them for IMO. They're basically doing what George Lucas did with the Star Wars movies. You never saw this kind of nonsense in the old days. When a game came out, that was the game you got, and that was that. Why is everything so complicated now and days?
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

I'm not opposed to patches. Heck, I'm playing FFXIV right now. MMOs would be nothing without frequent patches to fix things and add new content.
My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

Gamerforlife wrote:When a game came out, that was the game you got, and that was that. Why is everything so complicated now and days?

Meanwhile, in PC Land circa 1995 people are wondering what all the fuss is.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

MrPopo wrote:
Gamerforlife wrote:When a game came out, that was the game you got, and that was that. Why is everything so complicated now and days?

Meanwhile, in PC Land circa 1995 people are wondering what all the fuss is.

I had Sierra send me a patch on a floppy once because I did not even have internet!!! Disk was just labeled "version 1.1 patch" Wish I could find it somewhere LOL. Dont even remember the game name, I just remember it was a baseball game about as good as Tommy Lasorda LOL.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
cha cha
128-bit

Post by cha cha »

Gamerforlife wrote:
ZenErik wrote:Eh, no amount of patching is going to make this a worthy successor to Muramasa. Maybe next time. Still, glad they're trying to make it a worthy hack and slash... But still don't think it'll ever get there for me. Would rather play Diablo or any number of other hack n slash games.

The fact that they've had to patch this so many times just proves that it was never that great to begin with. I hate when devs keep patching games over and over again because it creates inconsistency. For example, people use to love the Elf, now with this new patch a lot of players are saying she sucks. So elf players just had their favorite class ruined. How is that a boon for them?

Make up your damn mind Vanillaware. You've changed the way this game plays FIVE FREAKING TIMES NOW. That's not something to be praising them for IMO. They're basically doing what George Lucas did with the Star Wars movies. You never saw this kind of nonsense in the old days. When a game came out, that was the game you got, and that was that. Why is everything so complicated now and days?

LOLwhut?

These were all scheduled and promised patch releases to make a better game based off fan feedback and found problems to fix. (This was announced as the fifth and final planned patch)

You're also blowing these changes way outta proportion. I am primarily an Elf player and while they nerfed her flowchart build with clone strikes, they made her interesting in other ways. A few examples being increased dagger damage and sustainability, the new beastmaster equipment which can give mounts the ability to dodge, double jump, aerial attack, not be knocked down and enhanced dmg/defense is pretty damn fun (they also upped the amount of mounts you find and have a scroll that summons them now). Her clone strikes simply do less damage, burning damage was nerfed and her dodge invincibility is slightly reduced, ie. they took away the easy crutches that flowchart players relied on.
Not a valid reason for complaint imo. I am enjoying the new challenges, and so are many Elf players I speak to.

What does the rest of your rant even mean? They took fan feedback and found game problems and FIXED THEM... FREE OF CHARGE!? So why in the hell would someone complain about this? Are you asking that they release a perfect product from day one? Which no one ever does, or ever did. Many old games either had extensive and prolonged arcade releases which were buggy and needed updated many times before they were ported to console and I can recall a multitude of titles that needed fixes and changes after the JPN console release or was patched when released at a later time/region...
Hell, 3 of the patches for this game were all just minor fixes (improvements) for menu/GUI stuff and fixing code that hackers exploited...

and you're complaining they did this?

All I can say is "wow" to that rant man. I am fine with people not liking a game, it's natural, I hate lots of them. But I can't abide someone ranting over conjecture and hearsay when they clearly haven't played the new patch and judged for themselves.

The game was a good game with lots of flaws imo, they have done well by their fans by providing these improvements both quickly and free of charge. This new patch is amazing and I would have paid for it as DLC if they had let me.
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
Retrogamer0001
Next-Gen

Post by Retrogamer0001 »

Gamerforlife wrote:

I don't see how this is justified, considering just about every PC game receives patches regularly - Diablo 2 and 3, Starcraft 2, etc, all get patched constantly, and they are much anticipated. If it improves the gameplay and overall balance, what are you complaining about?

The game room - > http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=45478

"We're on an express elevator to hell - goin' down!"
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Proving once again that people WILL complain about free shit.

Because, after all, we don't play games. We just spread negativity about them.

You are right, though. You didn't get free patches back in the day. You had to fork over another $50+ to those changes instead. OH HOW I MISS THE GOOD OL' DAYS!
ZenErik
Next-Gen

Post by ZenErik »

:P My problem isn't with the patching. It's just that I don't feel it lived up to, maybe rather high, expectations. But I look forward to the next Vanillaware game regardless.

Oh, and there is a beautiful elf figure coming.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail ... agecnt%3D1

My B/S/T thread! :)
Switch ID: ??? ||| PSN ID: ZenErik (PS4) ||| Steam: Erikdayo