slob on my knob
like corn on the cob
check in with me
and do your job
quintorro
32-bit

Re: Dragon's Crown

Post by quintorro »

cha cha wrote:Just wanted to post an FYI- This game is free for PS+ members as of August 5th!! So if you have been on the wall, now is the time to start playing as there will be more of an online presence than months previous.

Cool, I've been wanting to play this game again recently.
General Chaos
128-bit

Post by General Chaos »

Well, for all of its flaws, I've still put over 200 hours in this. Ultimate difficulty really gets ridiculous with the red aura enemies and boss battles. In any case, one thing I appreciate about Dragon's Crown is the ability to bring along up to 3 AI allies. Beat em ups where you're fighting all by your lonesome in single player typically just depress me. Does anyone know of any other beat em ups with AI allies? River City Ransom EX had a pretty robust system in this regard, but I haven't found many other great examples.
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Guardian Heroes had that giant skeleton dude. Aside from that, I can't think of many.
General Chaos
128-bit

Post by General Chaos »

the7k wrote:Guardian Heroes had that giant skeleton dude. Aside from that, I can't think of many.

I do have a fondness for that skeleton. There's something about his anger management issues that's just really endearing. The River City Ransom Underground developers have stated that you'll be able to recruit defeated bosses to fight alongside you, which sounds cool.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

General Chaos wrote:
the7k wrote:Guardian Heroes had that giant skeleton dude. Aside from that, I can't think of many.

I do have a fondness for that skeleton. There's something about his anger management issues that's just really endearing. The River City Ransom Underground developers have stated that you'll be able to recruit defeated bosses to fight alongside you, which sounds cool.

If I recall correctly, you could do this to a certan extent in River City Ransom EX (which is a great game, BTW).
graffix_13
64-bit

Post by graffix_13 »

cha cha wrote::lol: This place is hilarious sometimes... Ah well, can't win 'em all over.

Yeah, hate to keep piling on but I didn't care for it either. And I'm a trophy whore so believe me, I have suffered through some clunkers just for trophies. I couldn't even beat this game ONCE. It was just so boring. The art was the best part about this game (Especially the sorceress :P )

Glad to see people like it though. Like you said, "To each their own".
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Wow. I think I beat Dragon's Crown three times over, and that was after I stopped caring about trophies.

The game that killed my trophy whoring career was SAW.