Brawlers and Beatemups
AppleQueso

Re: Best way for me to get into Mortal Kombat?

by AppleQueso Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:16 pm

Flake wrote:Do you guys know if the PSN download versions of MK 1/2/3 are any good?

I remember briefly trying to get into MK a few years ago when I had a 360. I downloaded MK3 and then hated life as the 360 controller was f'ing useless. But now with a proper fight pad for the PSN I think I might be ready to love again.

They're probably the best console versions you can find right now, I'd think. They'll be great for trying to get into the series.
ujnhunter
64-bit

by ujnhunter Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:40 pm

Tip: Avoid playing every other fighting game ever made... because that's the only way you'd get into MK... not trying to be a jerk... but MK is probably one of... if not the worst fighting games available.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:43 pm

ujnhunter wrote:Tip: Avoid playing every other fighting game ever made... because that's the only way you'd get into MK... not trying to be a jerk... but MK is probably one of... if not the worst fighting games available.

You obviously haven't played Pit Fighter, Shaq Fu, or Street Fighter: The Movie

Mortal Kombat II has a lot more depth than its given credit for.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:44 pm

yeah. MKI lacks quite a bit in depth, but all that was rectified in II.
Flake

by Flake Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:58 pm

ujnhunter wrote:Tip: Avoid playing every other fighting game ever made... because that's the only way you'd get into MK... not trying to be a jerk... but MK is probably one of... if not the worst fighting games available.

There seem to be about a bajillion (give or take a few kerthousand) gamers in the world that disagree with you. Based on that empirical data, I'm going to take my chances. But thanks!
The PSTV is amazing.
---------------
Nintendo ID: Mecha_Flake
PS Network: jace-flake
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:09 pm

...so the worst fighting game available has how many sequels/remakes/genres? spin-offs? movies? court cases? retail release battle? ... :P
Visit my store: sevin0seven Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

by AznKhmerBoi Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:58 pm

Play MK2 its the best out of the mk series and the story is well put together in this than the other ones. :mrgreen:

DsLite Wii 3DS PS3fatYLOD GenesisModel1 SegaSaturnDreamcast SNES NES Ps1 N64 WiiU "black" PS4
NintendoSwitch(GreyCons)GBA SP 101 (Spongbob Model)Gameboy Color (Blue) (Spongbob Model)Gameboy Color (LimeGreen) (Spongbob Model)Xbox One (OriginalFatRelease)

PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

by dunpeal2064 Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:13 pm

sevin0seven wrote:Mortal Kombat Trilogy (N64, PS1, Saturn, PC)

that's all i have to say. :wink:

This is what I came here to say. Dammit, that screen makes me really really want to cave in and get the Saturn port.

Trilogy was a dream come true after playing 2 and ultimate 3 throughout my youth.

I do have to say, I wasn't as big of a fan of the midway ps2 ports. They work, but a lot of the cheats and extras in MK 2 and 3 were just so damn fun, and I could not get them to work on that port

I could just fail though.
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

by AznKhmerBoi Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:58 pm

^
the best port i know for trilogy is the PSX version except for the load time otehr than that its by far the superior version of mk trilogy. :mrgreen:
DsLite Wii 3DS PS3fatYLOD GenesisModel1 SegaSaturnDreamcast SNES NES Ps1 N64 WiiU "black" PS4
NintendoSwitch(GreyCons)GBA SP 101 (Spongbob Model)Gameboy Color (Blue) (Spongbob Model)Gameboy Color (LimeGreen) (Spongbob Model)Xbox One (OriginalFatRelease)

PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:55 pm

come to a decision Flake?
Return to Fighters