Best way for me to get into Mortal Kombat?

Brawlers and Beatemups
SplashChick
64-bit

Re: Best way for me to get into Mortal Kombat?

Post by SplashChick »

brunoafh wrote:
SplashChick wrote:
brunoafh wrote:What is the comboing in Deadly Alliance like? I haven't had any lengthy hands on with any of the 3D Mortal Kombat games other than DC vs MK, and I wasn't very impressed with it. It was still fun, but not the kind of thing I'm very into.

Non-dynamic, premade combo strings that switch between fighting styles. It's neat that they used real martial arts for the game, but it doesn't really add much to gameplay.

So pretty much like MK3?

HURR HURR HURR U SO FUNNEH

I'd love to learn whatever martial art style UMK3 Kano's Baby Shaker move is from.
I blog about games and art. Usually both at once. Check it out at your own risk.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

SplashChick wrote:
brunoafh wrote:So pretty much like MK3?

HURR HURR HURR U SO FUNNEH

Right....
Dennoman
8-bit

Post by Dennoman »

Omfg Warner Brothers are idiots.

The guy that's representing Belgium just left the European Tournament in Birmingham (Gadget Show Live) after they told him he couldn't use Johnny Cage because of an alleged glitch. He practised no one but Johnny Cage for the past month or so with the demo and can't really play nearly as well with anyone else.

They don't allow Cage mind, but for some reason EVERYONE is using Scorpion. Hmmm, COULD IT BE HIS TELEPORT GLITCH SHERLOCK?!

Bah, idiots. I'm glad he just basically said "bollocks to you then" and quit. Idiots. And to mention he took a day off from work for this load of crap.
SplashChick
64-bit

Post by SplashChick »

Those type of tournaments are the least legit thing you can attend. Never go.
I blog about games and art. Usually both at once. Check it out at your own risk.
Dennoman
8-bit

Post by Dennoman »

I especially love how the British (and European) "champ" was a total twat about it afterwards. He said everyone that had complaints about the tournament were (and I quote) "just sore losers". Can't believe how fucking rigged this bullshit was, especially since he was able to get used to the input lag on the huge screen by winning the British tournament that was held before the EU one.

That prick can count his lucky stars I got knocked out in my national (Belgian) finals by the guy that ended up representing us. I'd more than probably have punched him in his smug face, that would've been better than any gold-plated plastic champion belt.

Everyone had justified complaints about the input lag, the fact you couldn't use Johnny Cage (which was NOT communicated to anyone) but could use Scorpion, whose teleport exploit was still in the game might I add, and lots more amateuristic stuff like that. The Romanian contestant also mained Johnny, but ended up competing anyway because he'd come all that way. Can't blame him really.
SplashChick
64-bit

Post by SplashChick »

Dennoman wrote:I especially love how the British (and European) "champ" was a total twat about it afterwards. He said everyone that had complaints about the tournament were (and I quote) "just sore losers". Can't believe how fucking rigged this bullshit was, especially since he was able to get used to the input lag on the huge screen by winning the British tournament that was held before the EU one.

That prick can count his lucky stars I got knocked out in my national (Belgian) finals by the guy that ended up representing us. I'd more than probably have punched him in his smug face, that would've been better than any gold-plated plastic champion belt.

Everyone had justified complaints about the input lag, the fact you couldn't use Johnny Cage (which was NOT communicated to anyone) but could use Scorpion, whose teleport exploit was still in the game might I add, and lots more amateuristic stuff like that. The Romanian contestant also mained Johnny, but ended up competing anyway because he'd come all that way. Can't blame him really.

See my above statement. Attend tournaments run by fans. Never anything else.