Brawlers and Beatemups
AppleQueso

Re: Silly-looking characters

by AppleQueso Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:03 am

Rurouni_Fencer wrote:
Droid party wrote:Anything from Ballz 3d.

:lol: Can't there be anything Fighting-game related that doesn't mention this bundle of awesomeness??

As for the thread's topic - Kusaregedo from Samurai Shodown!

I mean c'mon - his name actually means "Rotten Bastard"!

I like him. He bares a vague resemblance to Devin Townsend.
GamerMON
Next-Gen

by GamerMON Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:50 am

BB hood from darkstalkers. Gotta love when she pulls that gun out of the basket.
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:52 am

how about the entire Guilty Gear cast?
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

by AznKhmerBoi Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:42 pm

1. Maxi from Soulcalibur - The hair is goofy enough, but his white costume totally kills his look further. I'm having trouble taking him seriously, is he meant to be Bruce Lee cosplaying as Elvis?

-Typical playboy fashion of Asian men....go to any part of asia and youll see men looking and dressing like that.

2. Yoshimitsu from Tekken and SoulCalibur - I can't quite put it, be he just looks really off to me. Even more so in Tekken, where he is holding a laser sword but his fighting style still looks hand-to-hand.

Cyborg Samaurai

3. Raiden from Mortal Kombat, particularly the first iterations - I blame this more on the awkward digitized graphics, as it has a way of emphasizing the campiness of the costumes, but the straw hat really throws me off. Kung Lao at least has a use for his hat as a weapon.

Raiden Hat aka Doung in viet or cambodian are hats used for purposes to shield the sun. And natural for people to roam around towns back in the days for disguises but not seen as something to fear. EX: women back in the days didnt wanna be seen roaming around town alone so they would wear that hat with vveil to conceal that they are not women but men who rather not be seen or known.

4. Not really considered silly character design but some of the pallete swaps in Capcom's Marvel VS series are awful. Did they just pick random colors there? Pink and Purple, Light Green and Blue, and other color combinations that either look dead or don't blend well at all.

umm not sure lol

How about you guys, ever looked at a fighting game character and thought "man, this looks silly"?[/quote]

Silly yes, like some characters from Street fighter third strike, and some tekken characters.
DsLite Wii 3DS PS3fatYLOD GenesisModel1 SegaSaturnDreamcast SNES NES Ps1 N64 WiiU "black" PS4
NintendoSwitch(GreyCons)GBA SP 101 (Spongbob Model)Gameboy Color (Blue) (Spongbob Model)Gameboy Color (LimeGreen) (Spongbob Model)Xbox One (OriginalFatRelease)

PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

brainofjtd
24-bit

by brainofjtd Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:02 am

Twelve and Gill from SF3. Their preposterousness was surprising to people who had never seen them when I was playing the game on my laptop on campus one day.
"The sad thing is they'd probably throw someone like Zorro in Arkham." - Thomas Wayne
Mendoza
128-bit

by Mendoza Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:49 am

Bascily the entire cast of time killers and bloodstorm are pretty stupid looking.

The characters in Kasumi Ninja all look like dime store cosplayers.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

by brunoafh Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:28 am

AppleQueso wrote:
Rurouni_Fencer wrote:
Droid party wrote:Anything from Ballz 3d.

:lol: Can't there be anything Fighting-game related that doesn't mention this bundle of awesomeness??

As for the thread's topic - Kusaregedo from Samurai Shodown!

I mean c'mon - his name actually means "Rotten Bastard"!

I like him. He bares a vague resemblance to Devin Townsend.

Haha wow. He does.

How about Boyd from The Rumble Fish?

Most of the character from the Tobal games look pretty silly too.
Dennoman
8-bit

by Dennoman Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:47 am

Hornet and the AM 2 Logo from Fighters Megamix.

And Ushi the cow from Fighter's Destiny.
Sonicx360
24-bit

by Sonicx360 Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:23 pm

If you want silly characters, play JoJo's Bizzare Adventures (hence the name) :wink:

In addition, Nagare from Rival Schools seem to compete in the "Silliest Fighting Game Character":
Wearing a speedo while fighting?! :shock: WTF?

But wait, there's more-Alice from Bloody Roar is so silly, it's disturbing!!!! :shock:
Turning into giant fighting bunny?! WTF indeed!!!!!
R.I.P. Megaman/Rockman: December 1987-July 2011
R.I.P. Sonicx360 (YouTube): May 3, 2006-April 19, 2009
ksloth
32-bit

by ksloth Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:02 pm

Cosmic Carnage on the Sega 32X had the absolute dumbest characters I have seen yet in a fighting game. Also the game was complete shit.

Return to Fighters