Brawlers and Beatemups
User avatar
racketboy
Site Admin
 
Posts: 9364
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:28 pm
Location: Michigan

New Ken Sprite for Super Street Fighter II HD

by racketboy Thu May 31, 2007 8:32 pm

Behold:
Image


Official from Capcom:
http://www.capcom.com/BBS/showthread.php?t=14467

Previous info on SSF2HD:
http://www.racketboy.com/retro/2007/04/ ... rites.html


My first impressions: Looks nice, but I don't like it as much as the Ryu sprite.
User avatar
fastbilly1
Site Admin
 
Posts: 13646
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 7:08 pm

by fastbilly1 Thu May 31, 2007 9:34 pm

Quit making me want to buy a 360. I dont even play fighting games that much anymore and I want this.
User avatar
Ramatut4001
128-bit
 
Posts: 695
Joined: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:43 pm
Location: Halethorpe, Maryland, USA

by Ramatut4001 Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:52 am

I can't wait.
User avatar
kinn
64-bit
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: UK, Midlands

by kinn Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:31 am

This is looking great. Cannot wait to see what the backgraounds look like.

This is what the previous SF2 game on Live should have been like.
360 Gamer Tag = Kinn, PS3 Tag = xKINNx, Wii = 3036 8283 1247 3110
Overdosed on Gaming
User avatar
neohx_7
64-bit
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:59 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

by neohx_7 Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:20 am

I think it will look goofy considering the can't add any more frames of animation. These new sprites are just going to be pasted directly on top of the old game with the same engine and hit boxes. SSF2T wasn't super fluid to begin with and with high res sprites it could be all the more apparent. I wonder if they will use some sort of blurring technique between animation frames.
User avatar
kinn
64-bit
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: UK, Midlands

by kinn Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:31 pm

neohx_7 wrote:I think it will look goofy considering the can't add any more frames of animation. These new sprites are just going to be pasted directly on top of the old game with the same engine and hit boxes. SSF2T wasn't super fluid to begin with and with high res sprites it could be all the more apparent. I wonder if they will use some sort of blurring technique between animation frames.


Thats a good point. Guess we will know once they show the game in motion!
360 Gamer Tag = Kinn, PS3 Tag = xKINNx, Wii = 3036 8283 1247 3110
Overdosed on Gaming
User avatar
marurun
Moderator
 
Posts: 9457
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 8:51 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

by marurun Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:33 pm

If you play at Turbo 2 speed it goes fast enough that you don't notice loss of animation as much.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
User avatar
kinn
64-bit
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: UK, Midlands

by kinn Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:40 pm

I wonder if the people who bought that joke of a port before on live will get a discount on this one?

I doubt it but would have been a nice gesture.
360 Gamer Tag = Kinn, PS3 Tag = xKINNx, Wii = 3036 8283 1247 3110
Overdosed on Gaming
User avatar
neohx_7
64-bit
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2005 12:59 am
Location: Cleveland, OH

by neohx_7 Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:24 pm

marurun wrote:If you play at Turbo 2 speed it goes fast enough that you don't notice loss of animation as much.


That's true, but theres no way I'm playing the cheating CPU at that speed and I'd only think about getting the 360 if the online play was close to as good as having someone on the same machine.
User avatar
kinn
64-bit
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Thu May 31, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: UK, Midlands

by kinn Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:50 pm

neohx_7 wrote:
marurun wrote:If you play at Turbo 2 speed it goes fast enough that you don't notice loss of animation as much.


That's true, but theres no way I'm playing the cheating CPU at that speed and I'd only think about getting the 360 if the online play was close to as good as having someone on the same machine.


The last 360 version has some pretty bad lag IMHO. I just dont get it. You can have complex games like Halo3, Perfect dark etc all running without lag but not a simple 2d game?!? Guess its bad programming I guess.

I think this time I will wait for the reviews rather than purchasing it straight away!
360 Gamer Tag = Kinn, PS3 Tag = xKINNx, Wii = 3036 8283 1247 3110
Overdosed on Gaming
Return to Fighters

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest