All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:31 pm 
128-bit

executioner wrote:
that last girl on guilty gear

Yea she has pushed me to my limits.

The gal from arcana hearts is obnoxious as well. Not unbeatable.

GT: DaGamingMonkey
http://www.trueachievements.com/DaGamingMonkey.htm

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:56 pm 
Next-Gen

Ack wrote:
And then I had to fight Magaki, and it just all went to Hell right there. This video sums it up pretty well, only I'm not as good as the player.

+1

I hate Magaki with a passion. There are cheap ways to beat him but you have to be fast and you need a character with a long, multi hit auto-combo like Vanessa.

Post subject: Re: Which 2D Fighters had the most insane bosses?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:34 am 
128-bit
 WWW  Profile

Cyber-Akuma from Marvel Super Heroes Vs. Street Fighter
Onslaught from Marvel Vs. Capcom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:57 am 

heh heh... Cyber-Akuma is pretty much a bitch, yeah. You'll notice I call him out on the first page of this thread (Cyber-Gouki).

Also, I thought of another one. He's not as cheap as some of the others listed here, but Fernandeath from Waku Waku 7 is a freak-ass boss who can be quite cheap at times.

Fernandeath is playable with a code and you can see some footage of him in this WW7 combo video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmfymKz3j3Y

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer. I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly.

B/S/T thread

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:16 pm 
Next-Gen

Just reading the comments, I don't think Gill, God Rugal or Magaki are that hard. Granted, they beat the bloody crap out of me many a time, but after a while they were still beatable. Hell, I've beat Gill and Magaki with all characters/teams just so I could see their endings in the arcades. (Granted, I had the Japanese versions at home so I could practice, but I still wanted to see the endings in English.)

I think the main reason Moz is having such a hard-time with God Rugal is how insanely rush-crazy his play style is. You gotta play defense on God Rugal. I usually use characters that have counters, like Yamazaki and Rock, and counters f'en hurt. Even if you don't have a command counter, wait for G.Rugal to throw a projectile and miss a Gensai Cutter. (I also use N-Groove, which makes dodging moves a hell of a lot easier.)

As for Magaki, it's simply a matter of have your most powerful physical attacker fight first to soften him up, then after you've got a lot of Super built up, switch to your leader and start Super Canceling/Dream Canceling like crazy. Again, with most SNK style bosses, you've gotta be reactionary. It's a lot harder for Magaki to block a super when he's in the middle of a move that whiffed; his 'across the room' grab saved my ass plenty of times. It also helps to know when to block high or low when he starts using that phantom fireball shit.

I can't remember exactly how I beat SFIII with every character. Last time I pulled out the DC and played through, I died a few times to him, but it still only took 15 minutes at best.

The only boss that made me completely give up on beating it was Mildred Avalon from Arcana Heart. It's like she has God Armor. No matter how many times I got so close to killing her, she'd unleash that super death-beam that would take off half my life even if I blocked it. At that point (actually, after reaching that point about 10-15 times and failing, because I'm thick), I just gave up. Even if I do that crap that makes sure she doesn't start the match with 9 full power bars (can't remember exactly what I had to do, I just remember having to do that), she'll still somehow get two power bars during the match and chain a "Half-my-life beam" into a "Half-my-life beam", killing me instantly.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:11 pm 

The problem I have with that is that I haven't been into SNK fighters much before, and this is my first experience with a KOF game. I've no idea how to even pull off a dream cancel, let alone do it at will. I also use Kula as my main, because she combos well and she's fast, but she's definitely not a power hitter at all. Magaki swats her pretty hard every time. After that, it's Kim and whoever else I feel like playing as.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:18 pm 
Next-Gen

Oh yeah, Kula is my girl. The K' Team is my main team. (Makes it all the worse that the K' team isn't in KOFXII at all.) I use Maxima to soften him up, then I have K' do a few combos, and I finally finish off with Kula's Ice Spike SDM, which gets Dream Canceled into her Diana Strike LDM. (The timing for this is a BITCH, but I can always manage to do it when I really need to. Basically gotta Dream Cancel right before Magaki starts to fall down after he gets launched by the Ice Spike.) Dream Canceling is simply doing an LDM while in the middle of an SDM animation. Oswald and Iori have really easy Dream Cancels, if you have trouble getting used to it.

Honestly, I never played as a custom team for Arcade Mode. I'll do it for versus, but if I'm playing Arcade, it's so I can see the endings. (My custom team is Iori, Oswald and Kula. Sometimes I'll throw Malin, Momoko or Blue Mary in there.)

Last edited by the7k on Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:20 pm 

Ok, I'll have to practice with Iori then. While I wouldn't say I'm good with him, he feels...comfortable to play as, you know what I mean?

And when you say K' team isn't in KOFXII, you mean all three of them? Don't tell me they're all gone...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:21 pm 
Next-Gen

Yep, all of K' Team is absent from KOFXII. Ain't that a bitch? Kula would have looked beautiful in HD sprites too.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:23 pm 

Damn it! Then, do you know the official roster? What teams are making it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next