Which 2D Fighters had the most insane bosses?

Brawlers and Beatemups
racketboy
Site Admin

Which 2D Fighters had the most insane bosses?

Post by racketboy »

What bosses are the hardest at the end of single-player modes on fighting games?
I know there have been a lot I haven't been able to get past.

I think I remember Onslaught in Marvel vs Capcom being a major pain
Also Gil and Urien were near-impossible in SF3:TS

I can't remember specifics, but I think a lot of the SNK fighters had tough boss battles.

Can anybody else remember some toughies?
grittykitty
forever 16-bit

Post by grittykitty »

i always had a tough time with m. bison in the original street fighter 2 (unless the difficulty was set to easy), and i think i'm pretty damn good at that game. the boss at the end of marvel vs. sf on saturn was tough too (i don't know my marvel characters, i forgot his name) - you had to do a lot of aerial moves to attack him, i remember that. not as tough as m. bison but still tough!
Mozgus
Next-Gen

Post by Mozgus »

God Rugal in CVS2 is still impossible for me unless it's easiest difficulty. Watch me get raped here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4133331086
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Mozgus wrote:God Rugal in CVS2 is still impossible for me unless it's easiest difficulty. Watch me get raped here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 4133331086

haha -- that rocked.
I'm not sure which is worse: a boss that gives massive damage with a single blow or one that just nails you with a bunch of hits.
Ivo
Next-Gen

Kintaro from MKII

Post by Ivo »

Kintaro from MK II is rather tricky IMO. Shao Kahn in MK II wasn't exactly easy either, but I think Kintaro was harder.

But I am far from a fighting expert.

Ivo.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Omega Rugal in KoF 98 was pretty ungodly cheap. And yeah, if the very first SFII Bison was kinda nasty cheap, too. SNK is kinda notorious for cheap final bosses.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Zork
32-bit

Post by Zork »

Pretty much any SNK fighting game has ridiculous bosses.

Gill really comes to mind though, I don't remember any other fighting game boss having the ability to revive themselves after being beaten.
http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?lid=100018
^ My collection.

Please comment on Reviews in the Review Boards, it makes people feel like they didn't completely waste their time :)
marurun

Post by marurun »

I dunno about revival, but CyberAkuma (MechaGouki) in Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter was pretty frikkin' hard. Harder than Apocalypse.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
All Hail The New Flesh
64-bit

Post by All Hail The New Flesh »

I agree, Gill is the worst, I remember one time that I was getting fusteraded with him, when I beat, I thought I got him, so I started yelling, raising my fist in the air in victory...then he revived himself and I was like "what?" then I got raped by Gill.

After awhile I just admit it that I just can't beat him no matter what, so I just give up.
Zork
32-bit

Post by Zork »

Gill is odd though, sometimes I beat him in one or two tries, other times it takes me 6+ tries. I know I beat him with Hugo pretty easily.
http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?lid=100018
^ My collection.

Please comment on Reviews in the Review Boards, it makes people feel like they didn't completely waste their time :)