Your top 5 favorite fighting games?

Brawlers and Beatemups
cha cha
128-bit

Re: Your top 5 favorite fighting games?

Post by cha cha »

2 Evil Zone mentions in 1 top 5 thread= MIND BLOWN. :lol:

Calibur 4 eh? What about it did you like more than 5, 2 and 1? (ps. I loved SC4, but felt 5 finally pieced the missing/sloppy aspects that many players felt 4 had... and of course...Hilde doom combo/Star Wars/guest characters with better moves than the character they clone).
twitch ► | youtube ► | srk ► | sell/trade ► | gameroom ►
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Player of Fighting Games: T7: Eddy, Kazumi, Jack, Zafina » SC6: 2B, Xianghua, Tira, Mina, Maxi » SF5: R. Mika, Rose » GG: May, Faust, Baiken » KoF: Athena/Yuri/Leona » SS: Mina Majikina

Racketboy Online FG Matchfiner Thread! Come out and play.
SirGawain
64-bit

Post by SirGawain »

cha cha wrote:2 Evil Zone mentions in 1 top 5 thread= MIND BLOWN. :lol:

Calibur 4 eh? What about it did you like more than 5, 2 and 1? (ps. I loved SC4, but felt 5 finally pieced the missing/sloppy aspects that many players felt 4 had... and of course...Hilde doom combo/Star Wars/guest characters with better moves than the character they clone).

I figured someone would say something about Evil Zone. :lol: I just enjoyed the crazy ass combo/special moves. It wasnt because of the quality of it, thats for sure.

I liked Calibur 4 mostly because of the Star Wars injection into the series, but I also put in a lot of hours in college. A buddy of mine was working at a new video game store, that sadly didn't last, and his basic job was to play new games with customers. I pretended to want to buy the game and play against all of the employees. Actually got second place in a tourney there too.
PinkPanzer
24-bit

Post by PinkPanzer »

5) Marvel vs Capcom 2
4) Street Fighter 2 Turbo
3) MK Trilogy (PSX version)
2) Tekken 3
1) Street Fighter Alpha 3
The McCollum wood burned well.

GO RAPTORS!!
GO BLUE JAYS!!
jamtero

Post by jamtero »

1. Virtual On Oratorio Tangram
2. Tekken 2
3. Street Fighter 3rd Strike
4. Killer Instinct
5. Street Fighter 2 Turbo Tournament Edition
nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Going with the separation of 2D and 3D.
Subject to change from minute to minute and in no particular order:

--2D--
Super Street Fighter II
Samurai Shodown/Spirits IV
Killer Instinct
Marvel Vs Capcom 2
Capcom Vs SNK 2 (or even the 1st one)

--3D--
Dead or Alive 2
Power Stone
Soul Calibur III
Super Smash Bros. (yeah I know; bite me :P )
Tekken 3
...just another lost soul...
Dayman

Post by Dayman »

I'm not going to try to order these games, but:

Vsav
SF4
TTT2
KOFXIII
GG+R

Pretty generic responses though
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Post by Snatch1414 »

VF2 and 5 are my clear cut #1's if that makes sense. Doesn't seem correct to split them up.

The rest in no order:

Capcom vs. SNK (haven't played the second one)
SF Alpha 3
Soul Calibur
Tekken 3

Honorable mentions: MvsC2, MotW, and Guilty Gear. Are any of the successors to Guilty Gear like the original for PS1? I loved that game but it seemed like some of the others weren't straight up sequels gameplay-wise, though I haven't done a lot of research. Hence the question.

Also: what is better SF Double Impact or Third Strike? These are the only two 2D fighters I need in my DC collection.
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Third Strike is one of the top two fighters ever. Get them both, but get 3S first.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

Post by BogusMeatFactory »

Snatch1414 wrote:VF2 and 5 are my clear cut #1's if that makes sense. Doesn't seem correct to split them up.

The rest in no order:

SF Alpha 3
Soul Calibur
Tekken 3

Honorable mentions: MvsC2, MotW, and Guilty Gear. Are any of the successors to Guilty Gear like the original for PS1? I loved that game but it seemed like some of the others weren't straight up sequels gameplay-wise, though I haven't done a lot of research. Hence the question.

Also: what is better SF Double Impact or Third Strike? These are the only two 2D fighters I need in my DC collection.

Hoooray! Another Virtua Fighter fan. We need more of those in this good green earth! I play VF 5 on PS3 and play Pai...yourself?
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
Snatch1414
Next-Gen

Post by Snatch1414 »

BogusMeatFactory wrote:
Snatch1414 wrote:VF2 and 5 are my clear cut #1's if that makes sense. Doesn't seem correct to split them up.

The rest in no order:

SF Alpha 3
Soul Calibur
Tekken 3

Hoooray! Another Virtua Fighter fan. We need more of those in this good green earth! I play VF 5 on PS3 and play Pai...yourself?

I have it on 360 unfortunately. I use Jacky (admittedly I usually use the basic characters) and sometimes Lion. I would love to learn Akira I love his moves
Subscribe to the Snatch Gaming podcast on iTunes!
SnatchGaming.com
Twitter: @SnatchGames