What's your favorite fighter of this generation?

Brawlers and Beatemups

What's your favorite fighter of this generation?

Super Street Fighter 4
26%
Tatsunoku Vs Capcom
21%
KOF 12
9%
Blazblue
12%
Tekken 6
12%
Soul Caliber 4
6%
Battle Fantasia
No votes
Samurai Showdown Sen
No votes
Virtua Fighter 5
12%
Other
3%

Total votes: 34

SplashChick
64-bit

Re: What's your favorite fighter of this generation?

Post by SplashChick »

Ack wrote:
SplashChick wrote:
Niode wrote:Don't worry guys, he's just a troll. It won't be long before he disappears again.

No, I'm just a fighting game enthusiast with taste. Brawl and DOA may be good if you like to mash buttons over a few beers, but both are intensely shallow and Brawl is beyond broken at a competitive level.

You still come across as having an attitude problem.

That said, I haven't played Brawl enough to judge either way, but I agree that DOA is pretty shallow. The counter system is entertaining to watch, but has always been too powerful and too easy to pull off in my opinion. I spent a lot of time with DOA2 unlocking costumes, and by the end of it I was perfecting fight after fight by simply countering everything my opponents threw at me. It got really dull really quick.

I just feel strongly about it, that's all. I was REALLY into Super Smash Bros. Melee. It's the first fighting game I got competitively into, and I attended lots of events for it. When Brawl came out in japan about 2 months before the scheduled US release, I imported a copy and bought a modchip that I installed myself just to be able to play it sooner. I REALLY wanted this game to be good, but at the end of the day it's just not. Even at early tournaments I attended it was beginning to become obvious that this game wouldn't go far. The game's balance is among the worst ever, and the fighting goes no deeper than learning one or two broken techniques for a top tier character and holding block any time you aren't using them. It's a fine party game, but it is a terrible, AWFUL fighting game.
I blog about games and art. Usually both at once. Check it out at your own risk.
DownSince86
24-bit

Post by DownSince86 »

SplashChick wrote:I just feel strongly about it, that's all. I was REALLY into Super Smash Bros. Melee. It's the first fighting game I got competitively into, and I attended lots of events for it. When Brawl came out in japan about 2 months before the scheduled US release, I imported a copy and bought a modchip that I installed myself just to be able to play it sooner. I REALLY wanted this game to be good, but at the end of the day it's just not. Even at early tournaments I attended it was beginning to become obvious that this game wouldn't go far. The game's balance is among the worst ever, and the fighting goes no deeper than learning one or two broken techniques for a top tier character and holding block any time you aren't using them. It's a fine party game, but it is a terrible, AWFUL fighting game.

Have you tried Brawl+? There are plenty of high level players that you can meet up with online and it seems to be coming a long nicely.
SplashChick
64-bit

Post by SplashChick »

DownSince86 wrote:
SplashChick wrote:I just feel strongly about it, that's all. I was REALLY into Super Smash Bros. Melee. It's the first fighting game I got competitively into, and I attended lots of events for it. When Brawl came out in japan about 2 months before the scheduled US release, I imported a copy and bought a modchip that I installed myself just to be able to play it sooner. I REALLY wanted this game to be good, but at the end of the day it's just not. Even at early tournaments I attended it was beginning to become obvious that this game wouldn't go far. The game's balance is among the worst ever, and the fighting goes no deeper than learning one or two broken techniques for a top tier character and holding block any time you aren't using them. It's a fine party game, but it is a terrible, AWFUL fighting game.

Have you tried Brawl+? There are plenty of high level players that you can meet up with online and it seems to be coming a long nicely.

Yes, I have it, it's not bad. It's no Melee but it's definitely more like what Brawl should have been.

Either way it's irrelevant to the topic since Brawl+ is a fanmade mod and not an actual game.
I blog about games and art. Usually both at once. Check it out at your own risk.