Samurai Showdown Anthology

Brawlers and Beatemups
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Samurai Showdown Anthology

Post by EvilRyu2099 »

Just curious which version is better the PS2 or the Wii version? I'm thinking of purchasing this but don't know which would be better.. I notice that the PS2 version is in higher demand.. Any reasons?
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Re: Samurai Showdown Anthology

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Not sure which version is best as I only have the PS2 version. I have been told by friends who own the Wii version that all games are arcade perfect.

The PS2 version does have an annoying graphical filter enabled. It blurs the sprites and cannot be turned off. The game play in the two games I care about (SS1 & 2) is nearly arcade perfect. Fatalities do not appear to happen in Arcade/CPU battle mode. Thankfully, the games are a bloody good time in VS mode.

As far as price differences? I believe the PS2 version is pretty rare. As far as I know that version never shipped to brick and mortar stores. I believe even Game Stop only sold through their site. The Wii version did see a store shelf release.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

dammit! I want this game but I cant find it!

I dont care which one!
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
lisalover1
Next-Gen

Post by lisalover1 »

I'm the most interested in the PSP version, since it would allow me to play SSV/VI on the go without the aid of emulation. 8)
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
saturnfan
128-bit

Post by saturnfan »

Isn't the xbox version a little more common and better?
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

i think it really comes down to what control you like the most or have. for example: if you have better experience with PS2 controllers with this kind of game go with PS2. i have the wii version and i have a wii hori stick so that works for me.
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Betamax001
Next-Gen

Post by Betamax001 »

wip3outguy7 wrote:As far as price differences? I believe the PS2 version is pretty rare. As far as I know that version never shipped to brick and mortar stores. I believe even Game Stop only sold through their site. The Wii version did see a store shelf release.

Even if it's technically rarer, the price is about the same as the other versions. It usually can be had for 15 dollars from Amazon when it's in stock or for about 18-20 from other sellers.
NES, SNES, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GCN, Wii, PS3, 360, GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, PSP 3000, and 3DS XL

PSN ID: SaturnXMKII
Steam ID: betamax001
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

Betamax001 wrote:
wip3outguy7 wrote:As far as price differences? I believe the PS2 version is pretty rare. As far as I know that version never shipped to brick and mortar stores. I believe even Game Stop only sold through their site. The Wii version did see a store shelf release.

Even if it's technically rarer, the price is about the same as the other versions. It usually can be had for 15 dollars from Amazon when it's in stock or for about 18-20 from other sellers.

I saw guess I read "higher demand" as price. I didn't bother going to a site to actually check.
Betamax001
Next-Gen

Post by Betamax001 »

wip3outguy7 wrote:
Betamax001 wrote:

I saw guess I read "higher demand" as price. I didn't bother going to a site to actually check.

Yeah, but finding one in store might be a challenge though, and a store might jack up the price.
NES, SNES, PS1, N64, DC, PS2, GCN, Wii, PS3, 360, GB, GBC, GBA, GBA SP, PSP 3000, and 3DS XL

PSN ID: SaturnXMKII
Steam ID: betamax001
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

sevin0seven wrote:i think it really comes down to what control you like the most or have. for example: if you have better experience with PS2 controllers with this kind of game go with PS2. i have the wii version and i have a wii hori stick so that works for me.

Exactly. I have fight pads and a stick for ps2 so that would sway my decision
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739