3%
Naruto: Clash of ninja
No votes

Total votes: 90

Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Re: Favorite 3d fighter series

Post by Cronozilla »

Kinda strange to include Power Stone, but not Smash Bros. hmm.

I think my favorite 3D fighting game is MK9. It's just seriously great. But, as a series that was born of 3D. Probably the Soul series. I still think Soul Edge/Blade and Soul Calibur are the best.
Flake

Post by Flake »

Cronozilla wrote:Kinda strange to include Power Stone, but not Smash Bros. hmm.

I think my favorite 3D fighting game is MK9. It's just seriously great. But, as a series that was born of 3D. Probably the Soul series. I still think Soul Edge/Blade and Soul Calibur are the best.

The problem with a poll like this is how impossible it is to present comprehensive choices. That said, there are some blatant omissions here all the same.
Maybe now Nintendo will acknowledge Metroid has a fanbase?
Cronozilla
Next-Gen

Post by Cronozilla »

Yeah, I know, I was really mentioning it because it seems strange to include Power Stone at all. I mean it's a "fighting" game, in terms of you combat other people ... but there's absolutely no control over individual aspects of your character's body, kinda puts it in a different category.

I'm not sure someone would actively choose a much less technical game like Power Stone over something like Tekken when talking about 'fighting games', in general.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

I never really got into 3D fighters the way I once did with 2D ones, but I had a lot of fun with the Budokai games as an old Dragon Ball Z fan. Really good use of the license, so I guess I vote Dragon Ball Z.
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Gamerforlife
Next-Gen

Post by Gamerforlife »

Oh, it's three choices. I guess I'll also pick Tekken(because Law is awesome and I like the Tekken Force modes as a beat'em up fan)and Dead or Alive. I don't really like Soul Calibur all that much, though I did pick up the Dreamcast original because it was such a hyped up game. Seeing people hack, slash and stab each other with no ill effects is just far too ridiculous even for a video game. I'd much rather a weapon based fighter be more in line with something like Bushido Blade. Having bizarre cameos from characters like Link that have no business being there doesn't help
RyaNtheSlayA wrote:
Seriously. Screw you Shao Kahn I'm gonna play Animal Crossing.
Valkyrie-Favor
Next-Gen

Post by Valkyrie-Favor »

I play Tekken a lot with my bros. Great game series for the hardcore and new fans. To me it feels more like a 2D fighter with sidestepping than anything really 3D.

Soulcalibur 2 is definitely a favorite. The way the game controls is brilliant, and your position in relation to your opponent and the stage is actually important. It's fast-paced and accurate and feels awesome. The 3D aspect, rather than just being a dodge move, adds a whole new dimension to the fighting. Har har.

Dissidia Final Fantasy has lots of RPG elements but its fighting is a lot of fun and I felt like I should mention it.

Bushido Blade 2 is a favorite at gaming club. Simple and easy to learn but endlessly entertaining. It manages to be hilarious and violent while still being a gentleman's game.

I haven't played Power Stone in a while, but I've got great memories from the early 2000s. It's really unique in that the 3D stages move around and interact with the players directly, even more than they do in Smash Bros. Height ends up being a really important gameplay element and the stages are just fun. Submarine stage is my favorite.
Tsun tsun dere tsun dere tsun tsun~ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . UPDATED trade list
noiseredux wrote:Playing on your GBA/PSP you can be watching a movie/TV show/playing another RPG on your TV and then just look at the screen every once in a while
quintorro
32-bit

Post by quintorro »

DoA, SC and Tekken for me.
I've played one of the older VFs and didn't really care for it at the time. Played a match or two of VF5 and still wasn't feeling it.
I don't remember my short experience with BR and I don't recall ever playing Bushido Blade.