Next-Gen

Re: Street of Rage Remake version 5.0

by wip3outguy7 Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:15 am

The .rar version has two parts.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:21 pm

wip3outguy7 wrote:Man... just got done playing for an hour +. Adam is godlike. I brought a conservative AI Blaze along to back me up. She did a respectable job, but actually killed me a few times... and she credit fed like a rich kid. I still can't believe this is a fan made game. It's so complete, so much extra content. A major developer would NEVER release a game like this today.

PM me if you haven't had the chance to download it yet. I have the links for parts 1 and 2 from their original sources.

It's funny during the N64/PS2 era's I kept thinking we'd get more sprite based games or sidescrollers, but with the extra power of those systems, we'd just get games like that with 50x the content of what we got on the NES/SNES. Like one of my biggest dreams was another game like Super Metroid or Symphony of the Night, except 10x bigger or something. Haha, boy was I dreaming. :(

That said, that's what this remake feels like to me. The potential of what classic games, or ports, etc, could be like thesedays, if people weren't lazy. The amount of content here is insane.

I've been playing this final version nonstop off and on today finally. My PS2 controller still never worked, so I just hooked up my wired 360 controller and it's working pretty well. I just love the alternate options and styles. I liked how smooth SoR3 was, but kind of liked the way things looked in SoR2... and this is like the best of both worlds to me.

Anyone unlock Shiva yet? I want to imagine he's awesome, hehe.

Got to the final stage on Normal and finally ran out of lives, nooo! Maybe I'll try with a CPU ally. Did beat it on Easy earlier though, I went down a bath that kind of seemed mostly based around SoR2 levels.

What's this uncensored Blaze cheat? :lol: Currently saving my credits for characters, haha.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

by wip3outguy7 Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:59 pm

You guys haven't beaten it yet but you're able to enter the shop? I haven't been able to enter the shop.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:36 pm

Well I failed my run on Normal, but cleared it on Easy. That unlocked it. Just ran through another route on Normal with the AI, and it was actually pretty fun with it! Though it was definitely quirky around some parts, the AI practically did nothing on the final elevator. lol, I played as Max with Blaze, quite a team.

Few questions:
- How can you tell how many police calls you have?
- How or why do the running attacks change sometimes?
MidnightRider
32-bit

by MidnightRider Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:53 pm

Well, personally for me, as I enjoy using the Tank/Power characters, my favorites in order go like this: Max, Shiva(I believe he's the 60000 point locked character, good combination of speed and power), Zan, Axel, & Adam.

Roo(cheapest locked character), the 90000 point locked character, and Blaze aren't half bad either. The other 4 I couldn't care less about.

Police attacks are once per life, in an outdoors, non-vehicular stage, for characters that have them. Some locked characters have an alternative attack, that can be done anywhere(except vehicular stages), and some don't have any such attack at all.

Running attacks change depending on the stars you get, which you get every 40,000(I think?) points, on the same life. So you can build stars up, as long as you don't die. basically the first star makes the dashing move longer, and can be done without any stars by holding special(the one that doesn't seem to do anything otherwise) and pressing forward, forward. At 2 stars it changes into a different move, which can be manually performed by a character specific combination involving holding the special button. At 3 stars it changes into it's final form, which can be manually performed by a character specific 3 movement button combination while holding the special button.

You can see what the special button combinations are by buying the profile viewer, and using it within the shop.

One other note on the special button is that, when grappling in front, Max will perform a sit out powerbomb with it. Not sure where else it may be of use.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:59 am

Awesome, thanks for all the info. I can't help but love Axel the most, always loved playing as him in both SoR2-3, but I've always liked Max a lot too actually.

Speaking of "Special" though... it never does anything for me. Am I missing something?

I just unlocked... well, maybe not to spoil it, but he has a gun! Holy crap! But yeah I need to get Shiva, hopefully he's the 60,000 one as you said.

I think I've literally beaten this game 4 times today and I'm about to play it again, haha. So amazing.
MidnightRider
32-bit

by MidnightRider Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:03 am

Yeah, Shiva will be the one directly under that last one you unlocked.

I only mention Roo and Shiva by names as unlockables because they've been playable before, and it's kind of expected that they are again.

Taken from a post at the games official message board (X = Special Button):
Special X Blitz combos

1 star, standard for everyone: X + Forward, Forward

Axel
2 star: X + Down, Forward
3 star: X + Back, Down, Forward

Blaze
2 star: X + Forward, Up
3 star: X + Down, Forward, Up

Adam
2 star: X, back, forward
3 star: X, down, back, forward

Skate
2 star: X + Forward, Down
3 star: X + Up, Forward, Back

Max
2 star: X + Down, Forward
3 star: X + Back, Down, Forward

Zan
2 star: X + Back, Up
3 star: X + Up, Back, Forward

Shiva
2 star: X + Up, Forward
3 star: X + Down, Up, Forward

unlockable to the right of Roo and above Shiva(I forget the price of some of these)
2 star: X + Up, Down
3 star: X + Forward, Up, Down

Roo
2 star: X + Forward , Up
3 star: X + Back, Forward, Up

Unlockable under Roo
2 star: X + Down, Back
3 star: X + Forward, Down, Back

90000 point unlockable
2 Star: X, back, down
3 Star: X, forward, back, down

most expensive unlockable
2 Star: X, down, up
3 Star: X, back, down, up

what this means is that you can do these moves without having the stars by pressing that button combination.

Like I mentioned earlier use the Special button during a front grapple with Max and he'll do a powerbomb.

Any other use of the special button I wouldn't know.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:20 pm

Interesting.

Also the 60,000 one was definitely NOT Shiva... holy crap. :lol:
cowboyscowboys
8-bit

by cowboyscowboys Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:31 pm

This game is awesome. Makes me sad we didn't get beat em ups like this the last 15 years. The genre has so much to offer and with today's technology these games could be insane.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

by Xeogred Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:35 pm

cowboyscowboys wrote:This game is awesome. Makes me sad we didn't get beat em ups like this the last 15 years. The genre has so much to offer and with today's technology these games could be insane.

I know. Instead we get half assed junk like the Turtles in Time Remake... yuck. :?
Return to Fighters