Street of Rage Remake version 5.0

Brawlers and Beatemups
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Re: Street of Rage Remake version 5.0

Post by Xeogred »

Still having fun with this. I solo'd the SoR1 route (far left choice at the start) with Rudra on Hard... no continues, and got like 38,000 dollars. WTF, lol. I went some SoR2 route on Normal and nailed like 80,000 one run. I guess the item pickups really do make a huge difference, so there's definitely better routes to go if you're trying to get a lot of money.
MidnightRider
32-bit

Post by MidnightRider »

Gold bars are worth 10,000 each, Ash's pins are probably roughly in the same area, and there's a path where you can fight Ash twice. Also, if you can beat the trainer without beating either of the kangaroos in one path(much easier without a cpu partner), they each drop a collar, worth maybe 15 each, but also a gold bar each, so there's 20,000 there.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

MidnightRider wrote:Gold bars are worth 10,000 each, Ash's pins are probably roughly in the same area, and there's a path where you can fight Ash twice. Also, if you can beat the trainer without beating either of the kangaroos in one path(much easier without a cpu partner), they each drop a collar, worth maybe 15 each, but also a gold bar each, so there's 20,000 there.

Only problem with that is it seems extremely hard to pick them up, like they have to land right under you so you can instantly pick them up before automatically moving to the next screen.
MidnightRider
32-bit

Post by MidnightRider »

Usually not a problem with Ash, not sure if I can speak for the kangaroos with trainer. At least, I've never knocked Ash off screen or too far away anyway.

Also, pick up money bags(1000) and jewelry(750) when you can. There are paths where you come across gold bars kind of often too. For example, I think you comes across 2 on the jungle road stage.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Ah yeah I should have clarified, the Ash pins are pretty easy to get...but those dang Kangaroo chokers are a bit tougher.

I'll probably try one of the SoR2-ish routes again tonight and see how much I can get.

Also is Ash a complete joke boss? He's supposedly powerful to play as (he's just so awkward to control though so I don't think I like him), but fighting him even on Hard or whatnot is a joke, lol. He does nothing.
MidnightRider
32-bit

Post by MidnightRider »

Couldn't say. He's playable in Bare Knuckle 3 (which has a rom translation for anyone interested), in place of Shiva, whom we got in Streets of Rage 3. How good either are there though, I don't know. I hadn't spent much time with 3.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I honestly never knew Shiva was playable in 3, or maybe I just forgot. Always knew about Roo and maybe there was one other unlockable character instead of Shiva? ... who knows.

Anyways damn, am I furious! So I went this route on Hard, got Mr. X down to 2 bars... but already used up my continues and ran out of lives there. Hate when that happens, even more ticked though that I think I literally found at least like 6+ gold bars on top of TONS of other pickups, it was a gold mine. The route I took:

SoR2 (first selection)
Go up in the bar area to get to the insane train levels.
With the route selection, choose the right path (SoR3 first stage)
In the Jungle, take the upper path.

Anyone up for a real challenge, I dare you to take this path on hard or higher! Hah. Lots of instant death pits and some of the most ridiculous enemy combo's I've seen in any route. My god, the final elevator to Mr. X had the Barbarian (wrestler boss) with two boxers and a few other guys. Ninja's out the ass in the later stages, even combo'd with boxers at a few points I think. I think the stage before the last had you in halved zone (not a lot of freespace to move around if that makes sense) in water, which slowed me down so much. So they decided to throw those two Blaze chick bosses at you at the end of this one, that was just ridiculous.

It was absolutely nuts.

Guess I'll run through this route again on normal and see how much gold I can rack up.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Xeogred wrote:I honestly never knew Shiva was playable in 3, or maybe I just forgot. Always knew about Roo and maybe there was one other unlockable character instead of Shiva? ... who knows.

Anyways damn, am I furious! So I went this route on Hard, got Mr. X down to 2 bars... but already used up my continues and ran out of lives there. Hate when that happens, even more ticked though that I think I literally found at least like 6+ gold bars on top of TONS of other pickups, it was a gold mine. The route I took:

SoR2 (first selection)
Go up in the bar area to get to the insane train levels.
With the route selection, choose the right path (SoR3 first stage)
In the Jungle, take the upper path.

Anyone up for a real challenge, I dare you to take this path on hard or higher! Hah. Lots of instant death pits and some of the most ridiculous enemy combo's I've seen in any route. My god, the final elevator to Mr. X had the Barbarian (wrestler boss) with two boxers and a few other guys. Ninja's out the ass in the later stages, even combo'd with boxers at a few points I think. I think the stage before the last had you in halved zone (not a lot of freespace to move around if that makes sense) in water, which slowed me down so much. So they decided to throw those two Blaze chick bosses at you at the end of this one, that was just ridiculous.

It was absolutely nuts.

Guess I'll run through this route again on normal and see how much gold I can rack up.

That's my favorite route in the game!

I love the waterfall level.

So fun. It is also, as you said, a goldmine. I've pulled in 90000 on a single run that way. :D
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
SplashChick
64-bit

Post by SplashChick »

Is there some reason why I can't download this?
I blog about games and art. Usually both at once. Check it out at your own risk.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

SplashChick wrote:Is there some reason why I can't download this?

Sega had them take the file down. "Protecting the property" they say.

I think there are still some working links out there though.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.