Street of Rage Remake version 5.0

Brawlers and Beatemups
cowboyscowboys
8-bit

Re: Street of Rage Remake version 5.0

Post by cowboyscowboys »

Xeogred wrote:
cowboyscowboys wrote:This game is awesome. Makes me sad we didn't get beat em ups like this the last 15 years. The genre has so much to offer and with today's technology these games could be insane.

I know. Instead we get half assed junk like the Turtles in Time Remake... yuck. :?

Yea that's my greatest fear if there was ever gonna be a Final Fight 4 or a Streets of Rage 4. Most likely it would be butchered.
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I just can't believe they funked up Turtles in Time so much, lol. The music, the awkward diagonal attacks, the graphics... man, as far as I'm concerned all my friends and I ever wanted was a straight up port with 4 player online multiplayer! :|
MidnightRider
32-bit

Post by MidnightRider »

cowboyscowboys wrote:Yea that's my greatest fear if there was ever gonna be a Final Fight 4 or a Streets of Rage 4. Most likely it would be butchered.

Well, at least Sega, despite this, let their series go out on top. Final Fight Streetwise anyone?

Hmm....further thinking about it, notice how they were willing to experiment with Golden Axe before thinking of doing anything at all with SoR? Wonder if that means they hold SoR in higher regard somehow....
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

I forget that new Golden Axe game exists. :shock:
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Xeogred wrote:I forget that new Golden Axe game exists. :shock:

A lot of people do it seems.

But then, a lot of people hated the game.

Which is a shame, because I thought it was pretty fun.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
brunoafh
Next-Gen

Post by brunoafh »

CFFJR wrote:A lot of people do it seems.

Are you talking about Beast Rider? I've always wondered if it was any good. Is it like Golden Axe at all, or is it just a random 3D action game called Golden Axe?
Xeogred
Next-Gen

Post by Xeogred »

Holy damn, I got ALL the way up to Mr. X solo on Very Hard and if I just had maybe one or two more lives I probably would've beat him. :evil:
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

brunoafh wrote:
CFFJR wrote:A lot of people do it seems.

Are you talking about Beast Rider? I've always wondered if it was any good. Is it like Golden Axe at all, or is it just a random 3D action game called Golden Axe?

Yes, Beast Rider.

It doesn't play like the classic games, but it shares the characters and world.

You only play as Tyris Flare, and the story is altered, almost like its a reboot or something. For instance, Tyris and and Ax Battler don't seem to know each other before they (briefly) meet up in the game, yet she seems to have a mentor type relationship with Gillius Thunderhead (who also only appears for a few minutes). You still have to deal with the Golden Axe itself, you still have to fight Death Adder. Its the same, but different.

As gameplay goes, it is indeed standard 3d action fare. Certainly not the best of its type, but its fun and solid. The hook is of course controlling different beasts at times, which can actually be pretty fun, (particularly a major beast late in the game, which has an entire level devoted to it).

I think most of the hatred for the game stems from the fact that it uses the Golden Axe brand, yet it doesn't play like traditional Golden Axe.

If you're interested in checking it out, I feel safe recommending it. The price is certainly right, as you can easily find it for 20 bucks. Just don't expect it to remind you of the originals. It really won't. Your mileage may vary, but I thought it was a good game.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Inazuma
Next-Gen

Post by Inazuma »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGzd4dcs-Ao

Don't forget about this game.
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

The links I have are still working if anyone hasn't had a chance to nab this yet...