What's you favorite 2D Fighter? Why?

Brawlers and Beatemups
racketboy
Site Admin

What's you favorite 2D Fighter? Why?

Post by racketboy »

I enjoyed Street Fighter 3:Third Strike for the Dreamcast

I've been a long-time SF fan and thought Alpha 2 was the greatest for quite a while, but 3:TS just has so much more polish and strategy to it, it brings new life to the series.

The animation is incredible as well.
Saraph
64-bit

Post by Saraph »

Well, I'm partial to Zero 2. It's the game I learned on pretty much, so if I ever need to go back and rethink any strategy, I usually pop that in for the Saturn.

A current favorite would have to be Capcom Vs. SNK 2 just because it's a great party game. It's got enough characters and flashy moves for a novice to have fun with, and enough depth to keep veterans occupied for months.

By the way, thanks racketboy for the chip. I've been loving my Saturn even more since you sent it to me.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Glad I could help you out!
I polished what skills I have on Alpha 2 as well.
Of course I gre up on SF2, but once I got my first Saturn, Alpha 2 was the big hitter for me.
I still swear it Alpha 2 with the Virtua Stick on the Saturn feels so much more natural than Alpha 3 on any system.
prophet138
16-bit

Post by prophet138 »

i love third strike, at first i wasn't digging it too much but after a bit of practice and a good challenger it's quite a damn good fighting game. The rumble fish is also a good game.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

I've been dying to play the Rumble Fish -- but I'm holding out on getting a PS2
ravenmgs
24-bit

Post by ravenmgs »

Favorite 2D, thats not easy. I'de have to devide it into SNK and Capcom games.

Capcom
Marvel v.s. Capcom 2
Street Fighter 3
Street Fighter Zero 3

SNK
Samurai Shodown 2
Last Blade 2
Kabuki Klash
Martial Melee

I didn't like any of the MVC titles as they didn't feature any SNK characters I liked, and I liked the other games I listed better if I want to play a Capcom Game.
lunar
24-bit

Post by lunar »

Alpha 2 is one of my favourites, I prefer it over alpha 3.

CVS2 on DC is alot of fun too :)

I want to get into thrid strike but first I need a decent controller. You guys should check out some of the competition videos over at combovideos.com , very interesting to watch the top players.
Wiggumon
8-bit

Post by Wiggumon »

I've always liked Street Fighter Alpha 2. That is one of the few fighting games that I play all the time.
rattboi
24-bit

Post by rattboi »

Nobody likes Guilty Gear? I think that's my favorite series, there's just so much depth to that game once you get into it. My favorite of the series is Guilty Gear XX #Reload. That game is a bitch :) I love it anyways. I just got Guilty Gear Isuka, so I haven't played it much. The 2 layer / 4 player stuff is hard to get used to.

Anyways, Guilty Gear X is the first import I got for DC, and I've loved it since then.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Guilty Gear is great -- I just don't enjoy it quite as much as some others