Your favorite fighter characters to win with

Brawlers and Beatemups
J T
Next-Gen

Your favorite fighter characters to win with

Post by J T »

There are characters that I like to play and characters that I am really good with, but some characters are more fun to win with than others.

In Street Fighter II, I love to win with Dhalsim and Zangief. People usually assume that Dhalsim is too slow and week to do any damage, but I'm actually quite good with him, so it surprises them when they realize that they can't get past the first half of the screen when fighting me, and if they do, they get nuggied in the head or a double headbutt. Zangief is also fun because people think he will be an easy win, but when you can execute the spinning pile driver and have tricks to get in close enough to use it, they suddenly don't like you much.

I also used to love playing as Pullum Purna in Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha because she has this air throw where she makes an obnoxious giggle as she throws you to the ground. It use to drive my brother insane, so I would try to beat him in matches where I would only use that move. She also has some satisfying throws on the ground as well, like the one where she grabs their arms, then bicycle kicks them in the face. I love how drawn out it is, so it feels extra punishing if a person gets caught in it.

Basically, I like characters that get my opponents pissed off when they lose. :lol:
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
Dylan
Next-Gen

Re: Your favorite fighter characters to win with

Post by Dylan »

Dan. There is no greater satisfaction.

Also Q and Ibuki.
DCsegaDH
128-bit

Post by DCsegaDH »

J T wrote:There are characters that I like to play and characters that I am really good with, but some characters are more fun to win with than others.

In Street Fighter II, I love to win with Dhalsim and Zangief. People usually assume that Dhalsim is too slow and week to do any damage, but I'm actually quite good with him, so it surprises them when they realize that they can't get past the first half of the screen when fighting me, and if they do, they get nuggied in the head or a double headbutt. Zangief is also fun because people think he will be an easy win, but when you can execute the spinning pile driver and have tricks to get in close enough to use it, they suddenly don't like you much.

I also used to love playing as Pullum Purna in Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha because she has this air throw where she makes an obnoxious giggle as she throws you to the ground. It use to drive my brother insane, so I would try to beat him in matches where I would only use that move. She also has some satisfying throws on the ground as well, like the one where she grabs their arms, then bicycle kicks them in the face. I love how drawn out it is, so it feels extra punishing if a person gets caught in it.

Basically, I like characters that get my opponents pissed off when they lose. :lol:

I like playing as Dhalsim in SFA3. He is quite good, but he is kind of hard to get use to. Fei long is also a good fighter I just started using him not too long ago. One of my favorites has to Shin Akuma because he is really balanced and he looks so awesome,he is kind of cheap. In Tekken, I like to pick Law,but I always lose to someone in the arcade that does those cheap 10 hit combos. I get as far as Heihachi in Tekken 3 in the arcade by using Law sometimes.
Systems: Sega Dreamcast(x2), Sega Genesis(x2), Sega Saturn, Sega CD, Genmobile (portable Genesis), FC Twin, PSX, PS2(x2), GBA, SP, Xbox 360, N64, Showcase Arcade
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

I remember that my friends got mad the first time I beat them with Elena. Then they came to realize that Elena is actually a beast, and I even managed to convert a few of them into playing as her.

Getting a victory with Roll on Marvel vs Capcom 2 is hilarious. It's not even that hard to do - just make your team Roll-Sentinel-Storm. Have Sen-Storm do the dirty work, and have Roll come out to finish the job.

Lilith in Vampire Savior kinda fills the role of Dan - a character who has a really crappy 'projectile' that makes them seem pathetic, which distracts from the fact that they dish out more damage per hit than most characters. KOF's Shingo has a similar effect.

Other than that, it's usually not about who I'm playing as, as much as it is who I'm killing. Akuma. Ken. Jin. Rachel. Sol. Dizzy. Sentinel. Cable. Rugal.
J T
Next-Gen

Post by J T »

the7k wrote:I remember that my friends got mad the first time I beat them with Elena. Then they came to realize that Elena is actually a beast, and I even managed to convert a few of them into playing as her.

I haven't played the game since it was easily found in arcades, but Elena was the only person I played as on SFIII. I started with her just because I thought she looked cool. Once I got used to her though, I really liked her fighting style and she just IS street fighter III to me. I can't even remember who any of the other characters are. It was also fun to play with her because she was so neglected by other players that they didn't really know what to do with me.
My contributions to the Racketboy site:
Browser Games ... Free PC Games ... Mixtapes ... Doujin Games ... SotC Poetry
the7k
Next-Gen

Post by the7k »

Yeah, I too felt that Elena was the most iconic character of SF3. Of course, I'm completely and totally biased, but I still love her. Her animations are just so damn fluid, and she's so fun to play as.

I also loved Dudley, and I felt Alex was a pretty interesting take on a new main character.
Peffico
24-bit

Post by Peffico »

Brawl/melee/ 64- YOSHI or ness either is funny to win with.

Dan is pretty funny to win with. I like using bison though in 4 cuz he beats you WITH A SMILE :D.
Bootaaay
128-bit

Post by Bootaaay »

I absolutely love Elena, she's my main for 3rd Strike, she's just so fluid and her moves all work brilliantly mixed up with her ->mp/->mk pokes and her jumping hk - one of my mates hates her, he's real good with Makato and Elena's the only real defense I have against her, so everytime we fight he gets pissed off and claims Elena is "broken" :lol:

My second 3rd Strike character is Alex, he's just a complete beast and I love finishing people with his flash strike into the backwards suplex super, plus people always forget how good his anti-air is. The only other character I really concentrate on in 3rd Strike is Ibuki, she takes a ton of damage but is so fast and has a great set of moves and specials, she's just a lot of fun to play, even if I do lose most of the time with her.

In SFII I main Fei Long, but Zangief, Dhalsim & Cammy are some of my other favorites. I also main Fei Long in SF4, but i've kinda abandonned that game for now.

As for BlazBlue, my main character is Litchi Fei Ling - now i'm starting to learn her combos, she's become a real asset. I also play Rachel, just because her move set is so damn cool, but i'm not very proficient with her yet (finding it best to concentrate on a single character in BlazBlue).

Finally, i've been playing King of Fighters XII recently and I think i've got my favourite team down now; Mature, Sie Kensou & Robert Garcia.

*edit, forgot to mention Dan - one of my mates is a complete bastard with E. Honda, in Alpha 3 Dan is the perfect counter thanks to his Dan kick - DAN DAN DAN!!!
PSN; Bootaaay ---------------------------------------------------------------- XBL; B007444Y
Funk, E
128-bit

Post by Funk, E »

Hikaru. For her Ultimate Orgasm Explosion move. It just makes me laugh every time.
Hatta
Next-Gen

Post by Hatta »

Win? In a fighting game? That'll be the day.
We are prepared to live in the plain and die in the plain!