Neo Geo Pocket Colour Best Games

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

to quote the friend of mine who sold me my copy of MOTM, "this game has no right to be as good as it is"

I only have a few NGPC games... MOTM, KOF R2, Puzzle link 2, and metal slug. All great games.

and like said above, just get one, they're dirt cheap even bundled with games. My NGPC is on loan to a friend since I got a PSP, but i still miss MOTM now and then.
racketboy
Site Admin

Post by racketboy »

Ramatut4001 wrote:You should just get one. The thumb stick can't be emulated!

I probably will down the line, but having to only carry around one gaming device would be ideal.
mrtie
16-bit

Post by mrtie »

It has already been mentioned, but SNK V Capcom: Cardfighter clash is the single best pokemon-like game I have ever played on a hand held, the game itself will keep your busy for hours jsut trying to get cards, and if you are lucky enough to have friend with a NGCP and link cable the multi-player is awesome.

Other titles that are fun.

Faselie: If you at all enjoyed Front mission you'll geek out on this game.

Magical drop and puzzle bubble: puzzle game for me always have replay value.

The fighter are breathtakingly ahead of their time in terms of 90's hand held but in the end feel way too shallow compared to snk home/arcade fighting titlles for me to get too into.

Also the sonic port is really good..
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Re: Neo Geo Pocket Colour Best Games

Post by dsheinem »

I have one of these on the way, and also have The Last Blade, Sonic Pocket Adventure, and Puzzle Bobble Mini. What else should I pick up? Any good shooters other than the Metal Slug games? What's only available for this system?
nick944
64-bit

Post by nick944 »

Just got Densha De Go! 2, I never new this game was ported to the NGPC! Definately addicting, cost me about $16 complete :P
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

nick944 wrote:Just got Densha De Go! 2, I never new this game was ported to the NGPC! Definately addicting, cost me about $16 complete :P

Eh, a train sim? Not my thing, sorry...
missyrelm
8-bit

Re:

Post by missyrelm »

My wife and I love console-style card games, and while we aren't big on handhelds (We only play together and it would be weird trying to hold a handheld between us), we plan on getting one just for Card Fighters Clash, we've heard so many good things about it as far a CCG's go.

Anyone know if there is a way to get TV-out on one a NGPC?
We play our GBA through a Gamecube GBA player and it looks great on our HDTV!

mrtie wrote:It has already been mentioned, but SNK V Capcom: Cardfighter clash is the single best pokemon-like game I have ever played on a hand held, the game itself will keep your busy for hours jsut trying to get cards, and if you are lucky enough to have friend with a NGCP and link cable the multi-player is awesome.
futuramaguy42
32-bit

Post by futuramaguy42 »

I got one a week ago at my local game store and ordered some games off amazon. The games are Metal Slug Mission 1 and 2, Sonic Pocket Adventure, Dark Arms, and Card Fighters clash. All supposed to be good games.
zarathstra
24-bit

Post by zarathstra »

Are there any good RPG's for the NGPC besides Biomotor Unitron?
Comics, RPG's, miniatures, and now retrogaming? I guess its time to learn to go without eating...
General Chaos
128-bit

Post by General Chaos »

zarathstra wrote:Are there any good RPG's for the NGPC besides Biomotor Unitron?

Dark Arms is sort of an RPG/Adventure, and there's always Evolution if you're willing to shell out $150, although I don't think it's very good at all.