NGP + NGPC

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Ivo
Next-Gen

Post by Ivo »

neohx_7 wrote:The NGPC is one of my fav systems of all time because of the games. I put more hours into SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters Clash than even Dragon Warrior III. I recommend that everyone try the Metal Slugs, SNK vs Capcom Match of the Millenium, SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters Clash, and Sonic. (even if you have to emulate them)

I'm not really a fan of 1 on 1 fighters, and even then I like the NGPC for the Metal Slugs and Sonic.
Can you tell me more about Card Fighters Clash?
neohx_7
64-bit

Post by neohx_7 »

Ivo wrote:
neohx_7 wrote:The NGPC is one of my fav systems of all time because of the games. I put more hours into SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters Clash than even Dragon Warrior III. I recommend that everyone try the Metal Slugs, SNK vs Capcom Match of the Millenium, SNK vs Capcom Card Fighters Clash, and Sonic. (even if you have to emulate them)

I'm not really a fan of 1 on 1 fighters, and even then I like the NGPC for the Metal Slugs and Sonic.
Can you tell me more about Card Fighters Clash?

Heres a little review I found http://www.fightersgeneration.com/fight ... hters.html

and my take:

There are two versions of the game, Capcom and SNK, a la Megaman EXE games. The game combines RPG elements with an addictive card fighting game where you collect cards with HP and different special abilities to stack up against another player. If you are a big capcom fan from the 8-bit to the 32-bit era you will really appreciate all the fan service in the game. You have a world map where you can go to different locations and walk around in DW style talking to people, challenging them, and progressing the story. That part of the game isn't overly complex, but its a lot of fun. You'll find the most rewarding part of the game is getting a great deck together and beating the snot out of the computer. I knew two people who had the game as well and multiplayer was the only way to get all the cards in the game. You'd have to buy 2 NGP and both versions of the game to get the job done by yourself...

If I felt like it I could probably gush like fanboy with a 2 page review, but I'll hold back for now...
ducktapevoodoo
16-bit

Post by ducktapevoodoo »

i added a afterburner kit to my ngpc and samurai showdown 2 and snk gals fighters are great so is sonic pocket adventure
alexkidd
24-bit

NGP screen was great for non-backlit

Post by alexkidd »

I'm good friends with the designer of the Afterburner kit for GBA and the huge superiority of the NGPC's non-backlit screen was part of what pissed him off enough to do the project. Not only had Nintendo given us a non-backlit screen, but it was the much worse than Gameboy Color and NGPC, a huge step backwards. It was really fun and exciting to be a part of. He was still in school and I had just graduated with a graphic design degree and did the instruction book and illustrations.