Story of Programming 3DO DOOM (Dev Video)

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Jagosaurus
Next-Gen

Re: Story of Programming 3DO DOOM (Dev Video)

Post by Jagosaurus »

@Anayo, Happy to hear you enjoyed it as well.

I wish Rebecca would put out a video on Wolfenstein and Killing Time for the 3DO.

@nightrnr, you're always adding to my project list :lol:. I forgot I originally had trouble getting PS2 Doom running. I think I had too much junk on my flash drive causing it to crash.

Also, have you played DoomX on your modded xbox? It's DOOM, Ultimate, II, Final Plutonia, Final Evilution.

I need to see if I can get 3DO Doom running in FreeDO. I want to try those controls out, sounds interesting.

My Retro Achievements Profile | My Console Mods
"Victory and honor do not grow from timid seeds" -Arbiter, Halo 5
marurun

Post by marurun »

Tanooki wrote:Bill decided to become a woman around a decade ago so that's why some people are calling him a her in this if you're confused. Back when the game was done, his name was Bill.

In cases like this, it's appropriate to retroactively refer to the individual with their new name. She may have been a dude named Bill back then, but when referring to her work, it's proper to still call her Rebecca.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

marurun wrote:
Tanooki wrote:Bill decided to become a woman around a decade ago so that's why some people are calling him a her in this if you're confused. Back when the game was done, his name was Bill.

In cases like this, it's appropriate to retroactively refer to the individual with their new name. She may have been a dude named Bill back then, but when referring to her work, it's proper to still call her Rebecca.

Not only that but let's take a minute to appreciate how disrespectful it is to say she "decided to become a woman." -_-
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Well that's all about perspective isn't it and what one personally views as proper. I know it isn't popular around here, but I don't feel a need to alter my perspective on that. They were born a male, and to me no amount of medical intervention changes that no matter how passable they may be (which they are in this case as I saw the video.)

Look if this needs to carry on or not, I'd rather not permanently shift this thread off gears and I do apologize for that part of it. 3DO Doom may not be great given the situation but circumstances did put a playable decent effort out for the tools and time allowed nothing short of a miracle.
marurun

Post by marurun »

How she chooses to identify is how we shall refer to her. Now, enough talk now about how she identifies. Let's talk about her accomplishments with this port instead.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Tanooki wrote:Well that's all about perspective isn't it and what one personally views as proper. I know it isn't popular around here, but I don't feel a need to alter my perspective on that. They were born a male, and to me no amount of medical intervention changes that no matter how passable they may be

You're right, it is a matter of perspective. You're a fucking ass hole, and to me no amount of rationalizing changes that, and I don't feel a need to alter my perspective on that.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

nightrnr
Next-Gen

Post by nightrnr »

Jagosaurus wrote:@nightrnr, you're always adding to my project list :lol:. I forgot I originally had trouble getting PS2 Doom running. I think I had too much junk on my flash drive causing it to crash.

Also, have you played DoomX on your modded xbox? It's DOOM, Ultimate, II, Final Plutonia, Final Evilution.

The PS2 port isn't anything amazing, just a simple (but effective) port that I had a good time with. It shouldn't be too tricky to get going, but yes, a clean usb might help.

Haven't tried the Xbox one yet. The version on Doom 3 was good enough for me at the time. But it would be nice for custom wads if it allows (a feature that would trump the PS2).
...just another lost soul...
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
Tanooki wrote:Well that's all about perspective isn't it and what one personally views as proper. I know it isn't popular around here, but I don't feel a need to alter my perspective on that. They were born a male, and to me no amount of medical intervention changes that no matter how passable they may be

You're right, it is a matter of perspective. You're a fucking ass hole, and to me no amount of rationalizing changes that, and I don't feel a need to alter my perspective on that.

You need to seriously grow up if you can't handle someone not feeling the same way as you do about things. I could go on but it's pointless as it would not do a bit of good.
MrPopo

Post by MrPopo »

It's not a question of feelings. You are factually wrong, and continuing to try and defend your position just digs you deeper into the "wrong and doesn't care because he's an asshole" camp.
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

If that's how it is so be it, but it is a feeling. The thing it you can't prove it, factually. Just because someone can legally get surgery to change their physical appearance doesn't change genetically physically what they are. There is a rooted mental health issue there not being addressed with anything but surgery and accepting into their belief. Just because I don't choose to acknowledge a person who changes outwardly to the opposite doesn't make me an ass, it just makes me someone who would rather see things handled better than a medical bait and switch.

It's pretty sad we're to a point now where it's just resorting to bully tactics to say you must think as I think, act as I act, or you're f'ing done. There was a time when people didn't agree it didn't get vicious you just ignored it, laughed it off, or at least respectfully made a comment and let it go.