Bonk is awesome

Neo-Geo, Arcade, Portable, & Every Other Platform
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Bonk is awesome

Post by Tanooki »

Just go here: http://bonkzonk.com/

Bonk Compendium, think it has been up for over a decade now. They cover every single game, even the canned stuff.
marurun

Post by marurun »

That Bonk site is great if you want release data, but they don't seem to have as much behind the scenes content as I would like.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Yeah it's not perfect, but sadly not too many care about him as he's kind of a relic of the past since that re-release never materialized annoyingly. Back in the 90s it was everywhere. When TZD (Turbo Zone Direct) was huge still selling NEC stuff new and was linking up early forums and fan sites there was a lot of cool Bonk pictures, back story, images and other info but it seems to have greatly gone up in smoke. Maybe the old internet wayback machine might have it, but you'd need to know a URL to start digging.

By the way this is that game I was mentioning I have on GB that only came out in Japan and it's pretty handy since it has it all in one cart.
http://bonkzonk.com/game.ktn?Game=gc

Bonk Adv, Revenge, and GB Genjin Land redone with Super Gameboy borders and coloring.
SpikeSlania
24-bit

Post by SpikeSlania »

Probably doesn't help that Bonk I think is now own by Konami. So maybe we might get a mobile game or pachinko machine with Bonk. Though Konami is finally doing something with Bomberman, maybe Bonk might show up as a skin in the new Bomberman game?
PartridgeSenpai
Next-Gen

Post by PartridgeSenpai »

I can confirm that Super Bonk 2 is a very fun game! :D

Then again, I like all the TG16 games, which is apparently an unpopular opinion, so take that for what you will. I loooove me some Bonk! Was very sad when I found out the Wiiware game Hudson was making got canned ;A;
I identify everyone via avatar, so if you change your avatar, I genuinely might completely forget who you are. -- Me
marurun

Post by marurun »

The only TG-16 Bonk game I don't like is Bonk 3. I mean, it's OK, but the level and boss designs really highlight some of the weird issues the engine has with hit detection. It's not nearly as big a problem with Bonk 2.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.